Colored Roof Coating?

/ Colored Roof Coating? #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Thanks to the wonderful 40yr shingles that lasted only 10 yrs, I now have a roof leak. I plan on replacing the shingles with a metal roof next spring but for now I need to get this roof to stop leaking.
I know about where the leak is, but I can't pin point it and frankly I'm sick of looking for it.
I would like to find a roof sealant to cover a faily large area ( 10'x10') that should easily cover the leaking area.
But, it is a evergreen colored shingle that is highly visable and would need some type of colored sealant to match so it doesn't look terrible.

Any ideas where I can find it? I have looked for quite a while and can only find white and black.

BTW- stay away from TKO inc. shingles thay are total trash and they will not honor their so called warranty.

/ Colored Roof Coating? #2  
I would just get a bundle of the shingles you have and take up a 10x 10 area and replace. That is what i did on my roof when i could not pinpoint exactly where it was to get it , now my roof is well older than that and needs to be replaced i just dont have the $ to redo it now.

The roof leaks are hard cause they can leak feet away from where they actually penetrate your inside, due to tar paper then going in a nail hole then following the roof sheating till a joint. My roof has 1x6 boards so they cant travel as far once under the paper as a plywood or OSD decked roof would.

Sorry if this has been mentioned i hit reply then went out on the boat and now have returned to post my thoughts hours later.