Daughters

/ Daughters #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Anybody notice that when your daughters are teenagers they don't ever want to be seen with you. You are so uncool and dumb and you don't know anything. And it is shameful to be seen riding in your old pickup much less being seen driving it.

Then they grow up and get married and have HOUSES.

Suddenly Pop is very cool. He can fix anything and won't charge a dime. He has all the tools too. And he has a wonderful pickup truck that the paint is already coming off of so it doesn't matter if it gets a few scratches hauling whatever the he11 they borrow it to haul around.

Or am I the only one who has this problem?

/ Daughters #5  
LOL, ain't that the truth.
I sold my daughter and her bf a piece of property next door to me, one of the better things I've done, next to making her mother the ex that is :).....Mike

/ Daughters #6  
Yeah....it seems we're Daddy the hero until they hit puberty, then we become Daddy the zero. After they reach adulthood, we become Daddy the hero again.

/ Daughters #7  
My daughter lives here on our land in the old farm house with hubby & my 2 grandsons! Nothing could be better.The 13 year old is truly gifted with his creativity in the field of building an constructing things. YES LIFE IS GOOD!:)
Army Grunt

/ Daughters #8  
One of my greatest regrets in life... We had one child, a son. It's been a lot of work but at 31 he's finally figuring out what makes the world go round. I've always wished we had a second child and it would be a daughter and I would call her princess and I would spoil her rotten and I would interrogate any boyfriend at great length as to his intentions and most likely tell him to take a hike because he wasn't worthy of my little girl.
...Probably best I never had a daughter. I don't know how you guys do it. How do you come to grips with letting your little girl 'go'.

/ Daughters #9  
One of my greatest regrets in life... We had one child, a son. It's been a lot of work but at 31 he's finally figuring out what makes the world go round. I've always wished we had a second child and it would be a daughter and I would call her princess and I would spoil her rotten and I would interrogate any boyfriend at great length as to his intentions and most likely tell him to take a hike because he wasn't worthy of my little girl.
...Probably best I never had a daughter. I don't know how you guys do it. How do you come to grips with letting your little girl 'go'.

In your heart you never do! Kids, the minuet they are born they start trying to get away from you!:)

/ Daughters #10  
Not complaining, just making an observation.

Yep, very accurate observation. Of course we only have two daughters; no son. But I know some folks who have one daughter and three sons, all long grown and good people, but the mother always said the one girl was more trouble to raise than all three boys.:laughing: