Motorcycle ride

/ Motorcycle ride #2  
Took a little motorcycle ride the other day. Enjoy!

YouTube - ‪Freeriding motorcycle‬‏

Thanks for sharing, looks like you are kinda a beginner. that's not an insult just an observation.

I haven't had a dirt bike in a few years, springtime really makes me want to get another. I mostly ride in the woods, but my buddy who also has a Kawi 250 rides mostly motocross tracks. Even though he's 50 years old this guy will fly over your house off a triple jump.

I'd love to get a modern Husqy or KTM. I've had about every kind of bike in the past, but most of those were old school.

JB

/ Motorcycle ride #4  
I haven't ridden dirt bikes for 20 years, but I still ride my Vulcan 2000 to work most days. Eventually I will build a track on my 40 acres for that great "stress reliever", and for the grandkids. My better half says at 62 I can still ride but I can't be jumping houses. :laughing:

/ Motorcycle ride #5  
I enjoy my BMW and my Sportster, but it'd be one of my Huskies if I only had one bike. At 63, I still occasionally do all of those crazy stunts you see on videos, it's just not on purpose! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Motorcycle ride #6  
I enjoy my BMW and my Sportster, but it'd be one of my Huskies if I only had one bike. At 63, I still occasionally do all of those crazy stunts you see on videos, it's just not on purpose! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I hear that! :thumbsup:

/ Motorcycle ride
Well I don't normally ride motocross tracks so my technique is deffinately beginerish. I ride harescrambles and enduros and then mountain trails mostly. I also ride observed trials and that is what I am best at. I also have several street bikes and ride to work every chance I get. My daily commuters consiste of a Buell XB9SX, DR350S, and BMW R1100R (trip bike). My wife rides too and she wanted to go to the track today so that is why we were there.

One of the commuter bikes
09-06-07_1826.jpg

When we head into the mountains.
100_2645.jpg

Dual sporting above 13,000 feet.
DSCF0666.jpg

Observed trials (practicing on my old bike)
jontrials001.jpg

One of the more nasty trails I ride. (notice the bike at the top)
06-09-07_0812.jpg

Riding with my parents on top of Webster Pass/Red Cone (12,840 feet)
43630090.jpg

Pit bike race.
norfolkrace001.jpg

Indoor arenacross pit bike race.
IMG_0217.jpg

signing some autographs
AX0827.jpg

100_3977.jpg

100_3969.jpg

Lined up all my "vintage" bikes for a photo shoot.
43630036.jpg

/ Motorcycle ride #8  
Is that 14 "vintage" bikes I count? I'm jealous.

I'm on an '03 cr 250 and ride mostly GNCC series and hairscrambles in Indiana. Only have 4 bikes in the garage now though.

It's great to see motorcycles on the tractor forum. How long have you been riding trials? I've always wanted to try it but haven't found the cash for a used bike yet.

/ Motorcycle ride #9  
Well I don't think you could be called a beginner, Sorry,:ashamed:
I just got that feeling watching the video.

My last bike was a DR500, suzuki, on off road. was a little heavy for me in the woods. I had a Yamaha yz 490 for a short while, that thing was not my style and was scary to ride. I prefer trail/woods riding. I also had 2 husqvarna's, a 250 and a 390. A Bultaco, that came closest to serious off road riding, not a trial bike but would go thru anything. Many others bikes as well.

My most interesting bike, that got the most attention was a Susuki GT 750.
A water cooled, 3 cylinder, 2 stroke street bike. I got my first one when I was 16. (had 2 of them) They use to call them the water buffalo, cause water cooled bikes in 1978 where rare. It was a fast bike for the times, but had a detuned 3 into 2 exhaust system. I put 3 expansion chamber pipes and carb jets on it and it was totally insane. sounded like 3 separate 250's going down the road.
Also insanely load, had to take them off cause the local PD had enough of it.

That is some collection you have there, wouldn't doubt it if you don't have a GT in there. They also made a 550 air cooled 2 stroke, with a big scoop on top of the engine.

JB.

/ Motorcycle ride #10  
14 bikes? That's disgusting. :D
Okay, I'm jealous. If bikes were my only toys I guess I would have a few, but since they're not, I just have one. Here's my grandson telling me what he would do if it was his. :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1975.JPG
    IMG_1975.JPG
    559.8 KB · Views: 145