Fence line trimmer

/ Fence line trimmer #12  
The troy-bilt fence trimmer I had was pretty good but the head was centered - would be better if it were offset, maybe if it could swing 45-60 degrees from center to either side - too much maneuvering around each post for my liking.

!

On my swisher the head is off centered to the left and it work realy good around the pasture. It pushes easy on my flat ground Randy

/ Fence line trimmer
On my swisher the head is off centered to the left and it work realy good around the pasture. It pushes easy on my flat ground Randy

Thanks Randy, I'll have to take a look at them. The more I look at tractor-attached ways to solve this problem, the more I convince myself that it's probably not going to be the solution for me. The offset head might be the trick.

/ Fence line trimmer #14  
An off-center head should be adjustable from side-to-side. If not, it limits your cutting to one direction only.

Bruce

/ Fence line trimmer #15  
3 grand would buy a lot of "Round Up" , not bad stuff, works around here, and with a small sprayer and tank on the back of the tractor is done real quick. Just my 2 cents.

/ Fence line trimmer #16  
3 grand would buy a lot of "Round Up" , not bad stuff, works around here, and with a small sprayer and tank on the back of the tractor is done real quick. Just my 2 cents.
Just finished using Remedy to kill the saw brairs and cedar growing around 80 acres of fence. Neighbor has a 300 gal.tank sprayer loaned to do this.
County road bank is to steep to put a tractor on and fence is at top edge no room to get on out side of fence to mow. Of course the county doesn't have the money to keep it cleared of brush. brush spray is the only way.
Ken

/ Fence line trimmer #17  
I spray around my posts and trim under my lower wire the best I can with my ZTR. That only leaves a stalk of grass here and there and I can easily touch it up with a regular weed whacker.

I have PT, T and some 4x4 plastic posts. Those plastic posts don't take any abuse from an errantic weed whacker. I prefer not to spray under the fence lines. Don't like the look or possible erosion issues.