Free and natural crop pest control system

/ Free and natural crop pest control system #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
For those country dwellers who are sick and tired of having their gardens, berry patches, grape arbors, etc. raided by furred and feathered critters, I proudly introduce you to the ultimate in pest control:

The attached picture shows the life-size, realistic CRITTER-GITTER POST MOUNT CROP PROTECTION SYSTEM (patent pending). Very low purchase cost (stray cats are always free) Inexpensive upkeep (can usually find food on it's own) Excellent night protection usually enabled (as anyone who knows about cats can vouch for)

As the supply is unlimited, please adopt a stray cat today.

(yes, this guy WAS a stray at one time)

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 260
   / Free and natural crop pest control system #2  
Dang. Thought you had a solution to the stink bugs. Them and aphids are killing me. My fence usually keeps woodchucks and deer out. But this could be good for those stinkin birds that take on peck at each tomato. I have a few running around outside. Wonder if I should put a little food out to get their interest inside the fence?? Or am I just asking for trouble.

/ Free and natural crop pest control system
Dang. Thought you had a solution to the stink bugs. Them and aphids are killing me. My fence usually keeps woodchucks and deer out. But this could be good for those stinkin birds that take on peck at each tomato. I have a few running around outside. Wonder if I should put a little food out to get their interest inside the fence?? Or am I just asking for trouble.

We used to put out several bird feeders year around but since we stopped doing that there is a huge reduction in garden crop damage, as well as a LOT less bird doo-doo on our cars, decks, etc. I think anything you put outside the fence will just create a problem.

About the cat on the post, I was fastening new rabbit gard mesh on the bottom of the higher fence and he climbed the post to watch me. Never knew he was up there until I stood up, scared me half to death until I realized what it was. Had my phone camera with me, only 2 mp but pic is good. Wish my balance was as good as that cats is, he stayed up for several minutes.

/ Free and natural crop pest control system #4  
A mackerel tabby! I had one for many years - named him Woody; the mice called him Whispering Death. A very clever cat who learned to operate a lever type door mechanism. With a little coaching, he even learned to open it from the side that opened towards him, which always amazed me.

/ Free and natural crop pest control system
A mackerel tabby! I had one for many years - named him Woody; the mice called him Whispering Death. A very clever cat who learned to operate a lever type door mechanism. With a little coaching, he even learned to open it from the side that opened towards him, which always amazed me.

Mice are too easy a challenge for Tiggs, he likes bigger game...bunny lovers should NOT view the picture

Attachments

• BB pics 257.jpg
    BB pics 257.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 158
   / Free and natural crop pest control system #6  
I've tried the cat thing. They all dissappear or end up stupider than the post your cat is sitting on.

The only one that hasn't been killed or run off is a black cat that has a paralyzed tail, and he won't grow to full size. I've personally watched him get run over three times, and I'm sure there have been others that I haven't seen. He stands in the road and watches the car run right over him. He wines like no other, and the only times I've seen him with a mouse it's been alive and managed to get away from him.

I don't recall what the kids tried to name him, but we all call him Stupid Cat now.

The only good he does is he attracts the stray females. I think they are the ones getting the mice. None of the stray Mammas have had kittens around my place yet. That's good.

/ Free and natural crop pest control system #7  
Looks like he had somethin in his sights when you took the image. Whatever it was I'll be it it was quakin in its boots. :laughing:

If he's as good as you say and he's friendly ..I'd say he's a keeper.

/ Free and natural crop pest control system #8  
Looks just like mine. Cept mine ain't allowed out per mamas orders. (she had her kitten run down in front of her as a kid) oh well. Havnt seen a mouse since he moved in. I live in a hundred year old house so there's plenty.

Attachments

• image-212068820.png
    image-212068820.png
    852.5 KB · Views: 109
   / Free and natural crop pest control system #9  
looks busy...:laughing:

/ Free and natural crop pest control system #10  
A real go getter;-)