Ceiling Fan Bulbs

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #1  

rgood

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2210D
When did big brother implement this Candelabra stuff on Ceiling Fans? ? ?

And how's this hope and change working for you ? ? ?

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #3  
Am in the habit of when I go to wally world or home despot I pick up a package of bulbs.......Gonna be barter material when the stuff hits the fan........God bless......Dennis

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #5  
?? I install lots of ceiling fans...im an electrical contractor... the designs that use candelabra style bulbs are by the manufacturers design, not big brother. There are still many that use either florescent , mini lamps or standard lamps. now as to what will happen when incandescent are eliminated...thats anyones guess. i myself have stockpiled hi 8 foot output fluorescents for my shop as they will become obsolete next January.

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs
Thanks for the feedback GRSTHEGREAT.

I only said this because I can't find a single regular bulb ceiling fan for sale on Amazon.com

And I didn't see any new ones for sale on Ebay either or on Hunter's web site.

People at Amazon in the comments section are saying there's paperwork inside saying due to gov't regulation, the bulbs have been changed over to candelabra style bulbs - At 1st when I read that I thought "No big deal" I like that style of bulb - But the problem is they have changed the style of bulb to more like what Christmas lights used to be - A Regular bulb won't fit in the fan.

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #7  
Thanks for the feedback GRSTHEGREAT.

I only said this because I can't find a single regular bulb ceiling fan for sale on Amazon.com

And I didn't see any new ones for sale on Ebay either or on Hunter's web site.

People at Amazon in the comments section are saying there's paperwork inside saying due to gov't regulation, the bulbs have been changed over to candelabra style bulbs - At 1st when I read that I thought "No big deal" I like that style of bulb - But the problem is they have changed the style of bulb to more like what Christmas lights used to be - A Regular bulb won't fit in the fan.

that is odd...i get mine thru lighting supply stores, lowes and home depot. maybe there is some secret govt ceiling fan thing coming down the pike that hasnt hit here yet. **** government anyways.

they took phosphates from dishwasher soap...now my dishes never get clean unless i pre-clean them to begin with.....makes sense if your a nutty govt type i suppose.

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #8  
All my ceiling fans were bought at Home Depot 10 years ago and have normal bulb bases, but I have a chandelier over my dining table that is candelabra based bulbs and a large central chandelier we use to light the main living area of the house that also is candelabra bulbs. Recently, I got tired of replacing incandescent bulbs and saw some LED bulbs at Sam's. I bought enough to fill my chandelier. They were expensive, but I thought it might be worth it. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! These LED bulbs are only half as bright as the incandescent bulbs. The problem is they will probably last forever. Now I either have to eat the cost or put up with dim lighting.:mad: Dumb! Why didn't I buy just one bulb and check it out first?:confused2:

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #9  
Guess what?? NOT one bulb for your home is made here anymore...The regulars will be illegal in a year. This was decided in 1991, The bonus is, there is plenty of mercury for everyone in the new lamps...Try not to break them, and please recycle ....you don't want it in your food chain..

/ Ceiling Fan Bulbs #10  
All my ceiling fans were bought at Home Depot 10 years ago and have normal bulb bases, but I have a chandelier over my dining table that is candelabra based bulbs and a large central chandelier we use to light the main living area of the house that also is candelabra bulbs. Recently, I got tired of replacing incandescent bulbs and saw some LED bulbs at Sam's. I bought enough to fill my chandelier. They were expensive, but I thought it might be worth it. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! These LED bulbs are only half as bright as the incandescent bulbs. The problem is they will probably last forever. Now I either have to eat the cost or put up with dim lighting.:mad: Dumb! Why didn't I buy just one bulb and check it out first?:confused2:

As youve discovered not all LED are the same. The type of LED you bought could give the technology a bad name. As a general idea its good to avoid lightbulbs with multiple LED's inside. The bulbs with a single emitter tend to be of higher quality, much like LED flashlights.

Have a look at the Phillips LED's http://www.homedepot.ca/product/3w-led-chandelier-dimmable-soft-white/926044. I think they run a CREE brand LED. I only have one as a dusk to dawn light http://www.homedepot.ca/product/6w-a19-non-dimmable-bright-white-40w-led-bulb/952872, but its been 100% reliable for over 2 years of nightly use. Emits a fair bit of light considering. And yes they are quite expensive when compared to the LED's showing up at Walmart etc. but theyre worth it.