Can't give it away....

/ Can't give it away.... #1  

TonyF

Silver Member
Tractor
BX200D w/FEL, B21 TLB, KX91-3SS. F700 Dump Truck
Called several forestry services and wood movers, don't want it for pulp wood, its too short, sweet gum logs are 6" too short to be used for rr ties. Can't burn it either. The pulp wood pile is as large as a small house. I have about 30 pine logs as well that I don't need. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 257
   / Can't give it away.... #2  
After a tornado took about 30 acres of oak and pine splintered to point even fire wood burners quit trying to cut . So hired a dozer to push into a winrow and lit one end and drove 1/4 mile and lit the other end let it burn. for a month had smoke from the smoldering of pile of stumps. Now have lots of mulch and grass is growing well.
This is a winter type of burning.
ken

/ Can't give it away.... #3  
Folks have to pay to have wood hauled away... even Oak.

Ever since the fireplace burn restrictions went into effect, the market for firewood all but evaporated in my Bay Area city.

/ Can't give it away.... #4  
Id love to have that or even be close to get it..
Theres a shortage her for wood at my place..

/ Can't give it away.... #5  
Get on the forestry forum, there may be some portable millers that would like to have it. A forester might be able to help out finding a market.

/ Can't give it away.... #6  
Sweet gum and pine both make poor firewood. Best bet other than burning it might be to mulch it.

/ Can't give it away.... #7  
Don't know if you have the same service,but If I pile i trees / limbs , etc, at the RD. in front of my house they will haul it off

/ Can't give it away....
Id love to have that or even be close to get it..
Theres a shortage her for wood at my place..

You or anyone else who wants to come and get it are welcome to it, seriously!

/ Can't give it away.... #9  
Wished I was closer. I pile up brush piles all year long then light in the winter and til lthe ashes and char in the ground. Make a good garden spot. I also lake logs t like that and make raised flower and vegggie beads all over the place. When they rot they leave a nice fertile mound.

/ Can't give it away....
Don't know if you have the same service,but If I pile i trees / limbs , etc, at the RD. in front of my house they will haul it off

We do, but some of this is from the April storms, and some from land clearing. There is so much that the county won't touch it, and there is no assistance for undeveloped land owners who suffered storm damage. It has to be a residence or business before FEMA or others will help. I guess I can put out 3 or 4 logs a month for the next few years.