Coffee and Prostate Cancer

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #11  
My dad and two others all retired at the age of 63 about 10 years ago. Within a year all 3 were diagnosed with prostate cancer. My Dad had successful surgery, they cut you open from the from and dive down thru your stomach, but the other two weren't so lucky and both passed within a couple of years.
Scary stuff!

My FIL had it but other issues got him before the prostate could. I have always been told that every man will get it eventually.

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #12  
If coffee extends life and prevents Alzheimer's, I'm doomed to live forever and remember every mistake I ever made.:ashamed::laughing:

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #14  
I have the enlarged Prostate, and have endured the rectal exams and PSA tests...If you get a Biopsy, I recommmend that you are OUT. It can and did hurt...punching 12 holes and one of them nearly came out the front, Dam--. Doctor said he "Recommmended dumping the load twice a week."Just 2 more cents.

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #15  
I've had the PSA and the rectal exam twice, while they where trying to find out why I have some "episodes"

The rectal exam should be for "partiers" since they are drunk:D It just didn't seem "natural" ,butt "everything came out OK in the end":laughing::D:thumbsup:

I have recently tried to cut down on coffee, from 4 pots to just one. I have worked nights the majority of my life and have relied on coffee. I have noticed my sleep clock is more "normal", fall asleep faster and sleep for longer periods.

My grandfather died about 2 years ago from PC, it isn't a way to go for sure. Ironically he was a researcher and worked with Cancer patients.

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #16  
Like Jim, I'm doomed to live forever as a retired Navy Chief. Navy ships are powered by DFM, JP-5, nuke powerplants and COFFEE. All served XL.

mark

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #17  
Seems to me that anyone who drinks SIX cups or more of coffee a day is more likely to be done in by a spouse or co-worker than the general population.

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #18  
I will live long and prosper then now they are saying beer is good for you too I am doing my part to keep Coors brewery open and Folgers too for that matter!

My urinary tract is still working perfect I can still pee about 6-7 feet standing flat on the ground just like when I was a kid and I am over the mid 50's! :D

I get a yearly psa and the whole executive bloodwork thing done so far so good good advice to get all that done regularly. :thumbsup:

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #19  
I will live long and prosper then now they are saying beer is good for you too I am doing my part to keep Coors brewery open and Folgers too for that matter!

My urinary tract is still working perfect I can still pee about 6-7 feet standing flat on the ground just like when I was a kid and I am over the mid 50's! :D

I get a yearly psa and the whole executive bloodwork thing done so far so good good advice to get all that done regularly. :thumbsup:

All this talk makes me wonder what actually suppresses the growth of prostate cancer, is it the caffeine, regular sex habits, or alcohol consumption? Or a combination of two or three?

I would volunteer to be in a study to learn which factor(s) it is, but with my family history it's doubtful they would want to have me participate.

That would be just my luck !!!

/ Coffee and Prostate Cancer #20  
Personally JD and this is just me but I think sitting around is what causes people to get sick.

Granted there is genetics, my dad was a ww2 b-17 shot down and crashed then intermine camp survivor and later made his living as a truck driver he smoked heavily and drank hard liquor made it a couple years longer than I have made it so far we will see lucky I dont have that hard of a life so far but I do work and play hard?

But I see more fat lazy sick people than normal sized to fat hard working people that are sick.