Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere LX172

Default Re: COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
    Not a cowboy but I do restore horse drawn vehicles.....here's a 1895 Studebaker Buggy.

Attachment 296515
    Good Job! Can you tell us more, maybe in a thread of its own?
    Have Wings, Will Travel.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Not a cowboy but I do restore horse drawn vehicles.....here's a 1895 Studebaker Buggy.
    Think I mentioned it earlier, but here goes ant way. I do hope to find some more pictures.
    My grandfather built 2 authentic Stage Coaches. He restored an English coach "He Called the "Tally Ho". I forget its real name. He restored several other wagons as well. Don't remember what all, some are used in the Helldarado Parade in Tombstone. Some were for a museum in Patagonia.

He built 6 not authentic stage coaches for old Tucson. They just looked Authentic.

More Later - Hope you are all having fun.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    BOTA L3400 DT -SQ 172 B HOG-WAC PHD-JD SUBARU PWRD GENNY

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Here are some spurs that I have laying around.
    2 on the left are common everyday use. Shinny 1's fairly new. Other pair old & hand made.
    Really long 1 is old style "Spanish".
    Other 3 are "Mexican" style, still in use at this time.

Attachment 296435
    Jim I'd say those 2 with the bent shanks where made for rodeo type events. The one with the real long shank looks too me like whoever used them really wanted to hook into bull and "stay on". Might have been a real short legged rider.

Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Good idea.....I will do that. Have a lot of information and many other vehicles.
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

I'm addicted to placebos. I'd give them up, but it wouldn't make any difference.

Tractor

Think I mentioned it earlier, but here goes ant way. I do hope to find some more pictures.
    My grandfather built 2 authentic Stage Coaches. He restored an English coach "He Called the "Tally Ho". I forget its real name. He restored several other wagons as well. Don't remember what all, some are used in the Helldarado Parade in Tombstone. Some were for a museum in Patagonia.

He built 6 not authentic stage coaches for old Tucson. They just looked Authentic.

More Later - Hope you are all having fun.
    Crash325...........The English Coach you mention was a Road Coach which was originally used to deliver mail. Some folks called them Mail Coaches as well. They carried one guard who carried a blunderbuss to protect the mail at all costs. They also acted as a cheap bus ride for travelers. These coaches traveled at night due to less road traffic. These coaches went away around 1860 after trains took over. A smaller version was introduced around 1880 for wealthy folks who used them for pleasure vehicles....this version was called a Park Drag. The black/red coach in this picture is probably similar to the coach you mentioned. This particular one is also from England and was used for mail service in the late 1850's.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296564
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -roadcoach-jpg  
    Last edited by jerrybob; 01-06-2013 at 02:12 AM.

I'm addicted to placebos. I'd give them up, but it wouldn't make any difference.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Crash325...........The English Coach you mention was a Road Coach which was originally used to deliver mail. Some folks called them Mail Coaches as well. They carried one guard who carried a blunderbuss to protect the mail at all costs. They also acted as a cheap bus ride for travelers. These coaches traveled at night due to less road traffic. These coaches went away around 1860 after trains took over. A smaller version was introduced around 1880 for wealthy folks who used them for pleasure vehicles....this version was called a Park Drag. The black/red coach in this picture is probably similar to the coach you mentioned. This particular one is also from England and was used for mail service in the late 1850's.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296564
    Thank You.
    The red one is almost exactly like the one grandad rebuilt. Some place there are pictures of it. Mom redid the pin striping and I think most of the painting. The lady that had the museum in Patagonia AZ, died & I have not been able to find out what happened to her wagons.

Jim

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    JD 3320

Great thread! Thank you for sharing. I've enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures. Every boy's dream is to be a cowboy when he grows up

Tractor

Thank You.
    The red one is almost exactly like the one grandad rebuilt. Some place there are pictures of it. Mom redid the pin striping and I think most of the painting. The lady that had the museum in Patagonia AZ, died & I have not been able to find out what happened to her wagons.
    Jim
    Jim.....if you ever find those pictures....would love to see them. The one in the picture is in our museum collection, recently did some minor wheel repair on this coach. It was bought many years ago at an East coast auction. We believe it could have been built by Holland and Holland in England. Very valuable piece since the original mail coaches took so much abuse.....they only stayed in service for 3 to 5 years. This coach has a very interesting spring system called a Telegraph Combination....very heavy duty to support all the weight. Also had a special designed 3 bolt hub for the same reason.
    Enjoy.....

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Jim.....if you ever find those pictures....would love to see them. The one in the picture is in our museum collection, recently did some minor wheel repair on this coach. It was bought many years ago at an East coast auction. We believe it could have been built by Holland and Holland in England. Very valuable piece since the original mail coaches took so much abuse.....they only stayed in service for 3 to 5 years. This coach has a very interesting spring system called a Telegraph Combination....very heavy duty to support all the weight. Also had a special designed 3 bolt hub for the same reason.
    Enjoy.....
    Think 1 of my sisters has them. Both claim they can't find them or don't know if they have them. I did rescue an old trunk that may have some pictures in it. Haven't had time (Lazy) to really look through it.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Here ae som hunting hunting stories about Clell (My Dad).

The picture in the first story was taken in Tombstone in the 50's. House in back ground was grandads ''Big House".
    The letter heading was probably from some time in the 50's.
    No date for the other story. Picture from sometime in the 40's

-clell-tombstone-2-jpg - -clell-tombstone-3-jpg

-tucson-ad-2-jpg

-clell-hunter-1a-jpg - -clell-hunter-2a-jpg - -clell-hunter-3a-jpg

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast