COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #171  
What link? I clicked on the map and it enlarged for me.
hugs, Brandi

Morning Brandi, in the earlier post a link was given and it did not work.:thumbsup:

Did you ever get your hat?:D

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #172  
Morning Brandi, in the earlier post a link was given and it did not work.:thumbsup:

Did you ever get your hat?:D

No DHBrown, I never got my hat. I'm gonna email Martin right now.
hugs, Brandi

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #173  
Brandi: When I checked the post per a note from "master" there was no map. It was a link that did not work. I now get a map. An Historian for that area of the country could probably put a fairly close date on it by figuring out when the latest trails were made. Thanks for your note. Wanda A

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
I live Gleeson Az a real ghost town is a Utube from a real guy.

Visit With A Cowboy - YouTube

I grew up with & went to school with Danny. Earl was a few years older. The oldest was Roy. Also knew the girls Rose, Zona & 1 there.
Roy worked for the Border Patrol for a lot of years.
Last time I saw Earl he was running a ranch up near Globe,
Harry the dad was an ornery old fart, hard to deal withi.
Can't remember the mothers name, she lived in town (Tombstone).

Danny & I had a lot adventures, May have told some of those stories early in this thread. Last time I saw him was about 1973 & we did a little turquoise mining a little due east of the old ranch house.

More later if interested.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #177  
Jim Brown - Thanks for posting the You Tube "Visit with a Cowboy"

I'm crash325's sister. It's a small world. I went to dances with Earl in the 1950's Earl had 3 brothers - one we didn't know, Roy and Danny who who was in my class in Tombstone High School. The sister Zona was ill and institutionalized in Phoenix. Ruth was older than Danny and Rose was the baby and served in my wedding in 1956.

Their mother's name was Pearl and lived in a big house on the corner of 1st and Bruce. We lived across the street from them on Bruce. There was a vacant lot between us and 1st St. where a house had burned down but there are houses there now.

The Gleason jail was purchased by a private party and restored. They had a grand opening of it about 2008 or 09. One of the information things inside was a poster about Earl and the Christiansens. There are yearly celebrations to promote the jail in the summer.

Quite a few people are moving into Gleason and its area. The year they reopened jail as a museum they also cleaned up the cemetery. Earl and the rest of the non-living family are buried in the Gleason Cemetery.

Danny came to see me around 1995-96 at our old family place on the Charleston Road. He was living in Elfrida at the time but no one seems to know where he is now.

Wanda A

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #178  
I am indeed humbled by this. I must assume that you know the Rattle Snake Couple. They have decided that they can no longer live out here in the middle of nowhere and are moving to Sierra Vista. They have been selling most of there collection for the last two months and most of it is gone. Its to late at night for me to look up the photos but I am sure you know who I am talking about.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #179  
Jim Brown

I was to the Rattlesnake place once or twice and met the couple but I don't really know them. The Gleason Road is too bad a drive for me to go any more than that. The time we went to the opening of the Jail Museum we went on into Elfrida and back by way of McNeil on the Davis Road.

If you want to meet in person to talk sometime let me know so I can give you my phone number.

Wanda A

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #180  
King Ranch is the largest ranch in the US(825,000acre &with 60,000head)would be in TEXAS:D

I know I'm a couple of years behind on this thread, but...
Isn't the King Ranch really four sub-ranches? [the Tx part of the company, I mean] I think the Waggner Ranch, the one near Vernon Tx is the largest contiguous ranch. But King Ranch is the largest producer of orange juice in the country. Most of that from their Fl land holdings, though.
Us Fl Cracker cowboys think we are big time if we own two hundred acres of land. I used to herd cows on my Honda 125. It could get from one side of the farm to the other in ten minutes. And that was back when we had the use of three or four hundred acres of my kinfolk's land who had moved away.

Last edited: