COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
Interesting read. Thanks for posting.

For another interesting story look up "Bass Reeves" First black federal law man. 3,000+ arrests.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #246  
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #247  
Many years ago I was with a few friends who were real cowboys. We were rough breaking a group of young horses that one of the guys had purchased to break & resell. One of the fellows, several years older than me, I was still in my teens, he in his mid-20s told me "you're not a real cowboy until you've been thrown by the same horse at least 7 times and thrown by at least 7 different horses". I wanted in the worst way to be a real cowboy so made sure to be the first in line for every horse started. I didn't want to miss an opportunity to do the 7 & 7 thing. Maybe even get it all done in one or no more than 2 days.
As I've slowed down & become more observant in my advancing years I've figured out that every real cowboy I've ever known limps. That must be another of the requirements nobody ever told me about.:confused3:

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #248  
This thread an old blast from the past . Bumping it up . I guess the real Monty Walsh types to busy to post on here or they becoming almost extinct "unfortunately" . Perhaps someone here will see this and share a tale about "GranPa" , Uncle -----
or ? . Anyone ??? Oh btw as for me I don't claim to be a real cowboy . Somebody out here got a story .......