COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #21  
Crash 325, Are you all kin to the late Lee brother's who hunted mountain lion, bear and cat all over this big country and even down in South America? If so I have stayed up a many a night reading about their tales of big game hunting with hounds and would have give anything to have been able to have lived back in the day and participated in some of those hunts.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
Crash 325, Are you all kin to the late Lee brother's who hunted mountain lion, bear and cat all over this big country and even down in South America? If so I have stayed up a many a night reading about their tales of big game hunting with hounds and would have give anything to have been able to have lived back in the day and participated in some of those hunts.

Clell Lee was my dad, Dale was Uncle, as well as Vince (killed by a mule) & Ernest ( He bred the "Blue Tick" hound into existence.) 1 Uncle I never met was shot & killed by a dude.

My grand mother who hated nick names, started mine Buddy or Bud.

Here are a few old pictures. First picture is Grandad on our left.

Attachments

• sid-dale.jpg
    sid-dale.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 704
  • Clell-dale-1.jpg
    Clell-dale-1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 536
  • bud Bear.jpg
    bud Bear.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 527
They were real busy sorting out whose calf was whose, branding, de-horning, ear marking and taking away their man hood.:laughing:

About 2 hours into the work Sammy got kicked in the head. Big horse shoe print about half inch deep in his forehead.. They all knew that Sammy was dead, but had to decide if the should finish up the branding. No point in stopping the branding, Sammy was tossed in the back of a pickup and they went back to work.

Late in the day after they finished up, bounced along the cow path & dirt road, into Fry AZ to the Dr. Office. Pretty soon the doc showed up and they carried Sammy in and dumped him on table.

They were standing around outside, talking, having a beer & smoke. In just a little while the doc came running out and says. SAMMY AIN探 DEAD.

About 6 months later sitting in a bar with Sammy, This is the story as was told to me by Sammy.

How Not to Break a SHETLAND

In the Dragoon mountains north east of Tombstone there were quite a few wild shetland ponies. A long time family friend ran one of the things where kids could ride around and round. He needed some more ponies.

I was at school in the 7th grade. School got a call that Grand dad needed me at Mike Rollison's Corral. Off I went, in the corral were 15 to 20 Shetland's. Plan was to rough break them and get them use to people. A few of the old timers were sitting on the fence rail, waiting for the show to start. There were a couple of other young bucks there. No ropes, saddles or any of that kind of stuff. Just wait for 1 to run by, grab it and hop on. Think I had ridden 2 or 3 when this real small one comes by. AA HA! This one will be easy.

About the 3rd jump it's left front foot came down on my foot. That foot stayed planted and it kept bucking. Need I say that feeling like I was being ripped in half, it was my last ride for the day.:cool:

Picture was about the same time. Some movie or Magazine folks came to town and wanted some cowboy pictures. It was at Mike's Corral

Attachments

• Buddy Mikes.jpg
    Buddy Mikes.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 343
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #25  
:laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing:
Scott :I've heard that line since I was a boy,and to this day still makes me smile.
Good way to start a brawl on a boring day ! :thumbsup:
Might as well tell them they ride side saddle while your at it ! :laughing:

:thumbsup:

Boone
The largest cattle ranch in the country is in Florida. There was cattle here first.........

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #26  
Cowboy = Cow + boy, I think ... And I done heard (but cannot confirm) that the first state with cows was ... Florida :thumbsup:

Back to the pics, though: Here's a picture of a Texas cowboy that just found out cowboys started in FL --> :mad:

;)

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #27  
The largest cattle ranch in the country is in Florida. There was cattle here first.........

King Ranch is the largest ranch in the US(825,000acre &with 60,000head)would be in TEXAS:D

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #28  
The biggest ranch in Florida is only 300,000acres and only runs 44,000head:D

The earliest plans for the Deseret ranch was in 1949. The King Ranch was started back In 1852.
Heck, the King Ranch is the only Ranch brand offered as an option on a new truck and designated a National Historical Landmark.The XIT Ranch (Texas panhandle) at one time covered approximately 3 million acres - but that was a long time ago...

Last edited:
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #29  
King Ranch is the largest ranch in the US(825,000acre &with 60,000head)would be in TEXAS:D

Yep, that's a fact.:D One of the world's largest ranches.:cool:
hugs, Brandi