COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #41  
Boone,
Thanks.:) If you ever get to Texas, I may let you shoot it.;)
hugs, Brandi

Thank You count on it,but I might need some help aiming it and pulling trigger.
So hopefully you can stand behind me,put your arms around me and help me hold the rifle and help me with the whole process !

Thank You again for heart sent offer I know how much that rifle means to you.

Boone

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #42  
Thank You count on it,but I might need some help aiming it and pulling trigger.
So hopefully you can stand behind me,put your arms around me and help me hold the rifle and help me with the whole process !

Thank You again for heart sent offer I know how much that rifle means to you.

Boone

Boone,:)
If I gotta do all that..........I might as well just go ahead and pull the trigger also.:eek: Guess it takes a Texan to teach a Floridian how to shoot a rifle.:rolleyes: Or you can just stick with your bows and crossbows.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
If I gotta do all that..........I might as well just go ahead and pull the trigger also.:eek: Guess it takes a Texan to teach a Floridian how to shoot a rifle.:rolleyes: Or you can just stick with your bows and crossbows.;)
hugs, Brandi

Sounded Romantic to me. :laughing::D:thumbsup:

Now that you are started, lets hear another story or 2. :)

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #45  
Here is a article of my great Grandfather Penrod. I have known many and he was more "cowboy" than anybody I have ever met, of course I am a little biased. ;) He has passed on now but we still have a family reunion every year in his honor and I do not think he will ever be forgotten.

The story I liked the most in the article was about the horses racing down main street in Pinetop. I think I would have enjoyed living 100 years ago.:D

But enough about cowboys, I kind of like raising cowgirls and really hope to carry on a heritage in my family.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Penrod1.jpg
    Penrod1.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Penrod 2.jpg
    Penrod 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • DSC_0237.jpg
    DSC_0237.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 182
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #46  
hugs, Brandi

Just remember "Cupid" shoots a bow also ! ;)

Boone

Attachments

• imagesCAB50G1J.jpg
    imagesCAB50G1J.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 102
But enough about cowboys, I kind of like raising cowgirls and really hope to carry on a heritage in my family.:thumbsup:

Dallas Lilly,
Thanks for sharing. Good article & history.

I think raising horses is easier than than Cowgirls. :laughing::laughing:

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #48  
Brandi's story about the rifle brought this one to mind.

Close to the Bueno School was the Bockridge ranch house. George had a birthday and several of us went out to spend the weekend and hunt Jack rabbits.

One of the guys Herbert bought a brand new semi auto .22. I had to ride the school bus from Tombstone, so could not bring a rifle. George said he had a rifle that I could use. Sure enough and old Rolling Block .22 and the barrel only had about 1/2" curve. Hard to see unless you were closer than 10'. :laughing:

Most of the hunting was done at night from the back of an old pick up. Once a rabbit got in the head lights the shooting would start. Herbert was riding in the cab or on the running board. He was off the truck in an instant and blasting away. Once he emptied his clip someone else would shoot the rabbit. :laughing: If memory is correct, I got 3 with the curve barrel. All & all we got about 10 /12 rabbits. All hung on the close line and skinned.

Georges mother made 2 different meals. Mornings it was well done flat noodles. In the evening it was flat noodles with chile powder in them. Unless there was rabbit. Then you got noodles with chile powder & rabbit.

This was my 3rd year of high school. I had stayed with them when in the second grade. The menu had not changed in all those years. :laughing::laughing: