COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #61  
dad.JPG 748_4.JPGThats my Dad im pictured in the lower left,I still have some of his Pearl Snaps:D

And thats my son in the sink!!!

Last edited:
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #62  
I'm going to start this off with a picture or 2. Keep in mind that I am not a cowboy, never been 1 and didn't ever want to be 1. I just worked with cowboys and did what they do. Have quite a few fun stories to tell, but some of you get the ball rolling. :thumbsup:

First 2 pictures are stories about my dad. Next is him, my sister & I. I don't remember the mule in the picture. But some where in the family pictures is me at 1 or 2 years old on "Susie-Q" the mule I grew up with and rode well into the 1960's.
Only other man I've heard of being named Clell was my grandfather. He had a different middle name too - Batten. Named after a doctor from New York who came down in the 1920's-30's to birdhunt with great-grand pa and his dogs.
Personally I only know one fellow I'd consider to be a real cowboy - sorry but he's from Montana LOL.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #64  
As I had mentioned in earlier post. this Ranch headquarters at Cliff N.Mex. The owner had traveled to El Paso by train and the year was 1935/38? On a buying/selling trip and was to meet the other party. Was shot and dumped out side northern city limits of ElPaso Tex.
Will try and send a couple of pictures of the Water tower base that is all that remains and located across the street of the Cliff Grocery.
There also was a large dam across the Gila river forming a large lake I have seem pictures of sale boats on this lake.
A flood took the dam and the large quanity of water flushed almost all of the farming area
below the dam.
After the owners death the ranch was sold off and broken up into smaller ranches.
I tried to post pictures. for some reason it gives invalid upload.
Will keep trying to figure what is going wrong.
ken

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
As I had mentioned in earlier post. this Ranch headquarters at Cliff N.Mex. The owner had traveled to El Paso by train and the year was 1935/38? On a buying/selling trip and was to meet the other party. Was shot and dumped out side northern city limits of ElPaso Tex.
Will try and send a couple of pictures of the Water tower base that is all that remains and located across the street of the Cliff Grocery.
There also was a large dam across the Gila river forming a large lake I have seem pictures of sale boats on this lake.
A flood took the dam and the large quanity of water flushed almost all of the farming area
below the dam.
After the owners death the ranch was sold off and broken up into smaller ranches.
I tried to post pictures. for some reason it gives invalid upload.
Will keep trying to figure what is going wrong.
ken

Ken,
Talked to my brother in law today. The name you are looking for is "McCully", maybe spelled wrong. It went from a little west of Cliff to the AZ border and mostly north. At one time, (40+ years ago - didn't ask when) he worked there. Don't know what else he did, but talked about delivering pellets to the feeders. 1 Way trip was 22 miles.

He also told me about several of the ranches that they bought up over time. And how some parts were given to various family members. Guess I should have written some of it down.

Better information later.
Jim

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
Who knows how to read "Brands"? No I'm not so good at it. Maybe some of you will have some fun with posting your brand, a friends or just trying to figure some out. One little helper is "+", is not read as plus.

Have some fun with the picture, inset is my brand, one that takes a little thought and my dads brand. The chair was made by my Grandfather in the late 40's or 50's. Will get a picture of the other side later.

Attachments

• brands.jpg
    brands.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 193
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #67  
Who knows how to read "Brands"? No I'm not so good at it. Maybe some of you will have some fun with posting your brand, a friends or just trying to figure some out. One little helper is "+", is not read as plus.

Have some fun with the picture, inset is my brand, one that takes a little thought and my dads brand. The chair was made by my Grandfather in the late 40's or 50's. Will get a picture of the other side later.

how bout piggyback J
cross eye and
Lazy A

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #69  

JnJ and rocking I over Lazy A
hug, Brandi

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #70  
I bet you got the first one Brandi, on the 2nd I forgot the rocking part what do you think the + is so maybe the rocking cross I

Rick