COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
I'm going to start this off with a picture or 2. Keep in mind that I am not a cowboy, never been 1 and didn't ever want to be 1. I just worked with cowboys and did what they do. Have quite a few fun stories to tell, but some of you get the ball rolling. :thumbsup:

First 2 pictures are stories about my dad. Next is him, my sister & I. I don't remember the mule in the picture. But some where in the family pictures is me at 1 or 2 years old on "Susie-Q" the mule I grew up with and rode well into the 1960's.

Attachments

• Clell Lee 1E.jpg
    Clell Lee 1E.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 682
  • Clell Lee 2E.jpg
    Clell Lee 2E.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 552
  • bud clell judy.jpg
    bud clell judy.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 818
  • Bud brn mule.jpg
    Bud brn mule.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 691
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #2  
Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman.

HS

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #3  
Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman. HS

:laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing:
Scott :I've heard that line since I was a boy,and to this day still makes me smile.
Good way to start a brawl on a boring day ! :thumbsup:
Might as well tell them they ride side saddle while your at it ! :laughing:

:thumbsup:

Boone

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures
Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman.

HS

Good story, stick to it if you like it. :thumbsup:
In the south & east most cattle raising folks are called farmers.

Most other places the ranch owner was a Cattle Man. The people that worked for him were and are cowboys.

You would think any good Texan would have a picture or 2.:laughing:

Attachments

• grandad 1970.jpg
    grandad 1970.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 618
  • buddy 1946.jpg
    buddy 1946.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 561
Real cowboys don't bragg or like their pic taken.;)

Who told you that?? :p
Bet I know more than you do. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The story & pictures be my Grand dad.

Attachments

• az-hw-1.jpg
    az-hw-1.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 496
  • az-hw-2.jpg
    az-hw-2.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 537
  • grandad-at ok.jpg
    grandad-at ok.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 653
   / COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #7  
Don't have digital pictures. But if anyone likes History and is in the Lordsburg N.Mex area there is a Museum down town Lordsburg well worth visiting. Town of Shakesphere also where so much early history took place.just a mile south of town .
Knew a Rancher. Joe Roush lived 15 miles south of Lordsburg. early Deputy sheriff of Shakesphere was able to tell a lot of stories about the early history.
He also worked at the WW11 German POW camp East of Lordsburg. very few know of this camp.

Jim you have started a interesting thread. Ranchers cattlemen cowboys cow raisers are like a long cool drink of water refreshing.
ken

Mule Racing Fun,
"Susi-Q" was a very high strung mule. ON her you could ride out before day light and return just before dark and she would run the last 3/4 mile or so on the way home. She did have a little quirk, every year or 2 dad would try putting a dude on her. It was rare that she would get 400 yards out before Unloading the dude.

"Judy mule" was real gentle and any one could ride her. She did have a couple of quirk's. 1 If she got close to a tree she would try to brush you off. Will get to the other 1.

My buddy & I had taken a horse over the mountain & were to bring back a mule. Bout a 15 mile ride. The rancher was not home and the old cowboy there would not let us have the mule. We were on our way back to a line shack to spend the night.
On the way we had a mule race, he on "Susi-Q" and me on Judy mule. He was in the lead as we came to a bend in the trail where it crossed the creek. Susi-q made the turn. But quirk #2 of Judy Mule was once she got her head, she would not turn or stop until she ran into something that stopped her.

My buddy says "You just don't know how to ride a mule. lets trade." He had a brand new Powder Blue Stetson hat. Fairly soon was another place to race. Off we go, time to cross the creek. He has Judy mule's head almost in the stirrup and she isn't turning. Right through a low Pine tree and he had big green stripes down 1 side of that hat.

That was about 1954, I went out to his ranch in 1973. He still had the hat and was still bitching about it. :laughing::laughing:

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #9  
Jim
That's a classic pic of your Grand Dad !
Also in your permalink #1,pic #1, I don't know if you've noticed thats one big yote those men got there ! :thumbsup:
I agree with Ken you have started an interesting thread !
Thank the good LORD the "cowboy way" isn't for everybody ! ;)

Boone

Jim
That's a classic pic of your Grand Dad !
Also in your permalink #1,pic #1, I don't know if you've noticed thats one big yote those men got there ! :thumbsup:
I agree with Ken you have started an interesting thread !
Thank the good LORD the "cowboy way" isn't for everybody ! ;)

Boone

Thanks Boone,