Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

I'm going to start this off with a picture or 2. Keep in mind that I am not a cowboy, never been 1 and didn't ever want to be 1. I just worked with cowboys and did what they do. Have quite a few fun stories to tell, but some of you get the ball rolling.

First 2 pictures are stories about my dad. Next is him, my sister & I. I don't remember the mule in the picture. But some where in the family pictures is me at 1 or 2 years old on "Susie-Q" the mule I grew up with and rode well into the 1960's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-clell-lee-1e.jpg   COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-clell-lee-2e.jpg   COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-bud-clell-judy.jpg   COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-bud-brn-mule.jpg  
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Default Re: COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman.

HS

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT,John Deere GT 235,JD GENERATOR AC-G8010S-E

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman. HS

Scott :I've heard that line since I was a boy,and to this day still makes me smile.
    Good way to start a brawl on a boring day !
    Might as well tell them they ride side saddle while your at it !

Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman.

HS
    Good story, stick to it if you like it.
    In the south & east most cattle raising folks are called farmers.

Most other places the ranch owner was a Cattle Man. The people that worked for him were and are cowboys.

You would think any good Texan would have a picture or 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-grandad-1970.jpg   COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-buddy-1946.jpg  

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    ASV 4810

Real cowboys don't bragg or like their pic taken.
    3 cockshutt 1855,1 cockshutt 1800.
    Belarus 800 and 925 .AC 940 whl ldr.Waldon 500 whl ldr.
    ASV 4810 tracksteer.
    4 GMC 2500 6.5/6.2 diesel trucks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    Real cowboys don't bragg or like their pic taken.
    Who told you that??
    Bet I know more than you do.

The story & pictures be my Grand dad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-az-hw-1.jpg   COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-az-hw-2.jpg   COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures-grandad-ok.jpg  

Ken
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Don't have digital pictures. But if anyone likes History and is in the Lordsburg N.Mex area there is a Museum down town Lordsburg well worth visiting. Town of Shakesphere also where so much early history took place.just a mile south of town .
    Knew a Rancher. Joe Roush lived 15 miles south of Lordsburg. early Deputy sheriff of Shakesphere was able to tell a lot of stories about the early history.
    He also worked at the WW11 German POW camp East of Lordsburg. very few know of this camp.

Jim you have started a interesting thread. Ranchers cattlemen cowboys cow raisers are like a long cool drink of water refreshing.
    ken

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Mule Racing Fun,
    "Susi-Q" was a very high strung mule. ON her you could ride out before day light and return just before dark and she would run the last 3/4 mile or so on the way home. She did have a little quirk, every year or 2 dad would try putting a dude on her. It was rare that she would get 400 yards out before Unloading the dude.

"Judy mule" was real gentle and any one could ride her. She did have a couple of quirk's. 1 If she got close to a tree she would try to brush you off. Will get to the other 1.

My buddy & I had taken a horse over the mountain & were to bring back a mule. Bout a 15 mile ride. The rancher was not home and the old cowboy there would not let us have the mule. We were on our way back to a line shack to spend the night.
    On the way we had a mule race, he on "Susi-Q" and me on Judy mule. He was in the lead as we came to a bend in the trail where it crossed the creek. Susi-q made the turn. But quirk #2 of Judy Mule was once she got her head, she would not turn or stop until she ran into something that stopped her.

My buddy says "You just don't know how to ride a mule. lets trade." He had a brand new Powder Blue Stetson hat. Fairly soon was another place to race. Off we go, time to cross the creek. He has Judy mule's head almost in the stirrup and she isn't turning. Right through a low Pine tree and he had big green stripes down 1 side of that hat.

That was about 1954, I went out to his ranch in 1973. He still had the hat and was still bitching about it.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT,John Deere GT 235,JD GENERATOR AC-G8010S-E

Jim
    That's a classic pic of your Grand Dad !
    Also in your permalink #1,pic #1, I don't know if you've noticed thats one big yote those men got there !
    I agree with Ken you have started an interesting thread !
    Thank the good LORD the "cowboy way" isn't for everybody !

Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by bullbreaker View Post
    Jim
    That's a classic pic of your Grand Dad !
    Also in your permalink #1,pic #1, I don't know if you've noticed thats one big yote those men got there !
    I agree with Ken you have started an interesting thread !
    Thank the good LORD the "cowboy way" isn't for everybody !

Boone
    Thanks Boone,

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast