good price on a driveway alarm

/ good price on a driveway alarm #11  
I've got one of those and I had the predecessor model. The first model didn't work too reliably when my driveway was gravel, but when I asphalted it, it started working well.

My transmitter is 500 feet from the house over level but heavily forested terrain. I use it with two receivers. The pictured chime receiver is in the house and I also have a receiver in the garage connected to an alarm bell. Sometimes when I drive up the driveway I roll down the car window and I can hear the bell sounding. More reliably, I haven't been surprised by a visitor in a long time.

An unadvertised feature is that the receiver chimes will sound when power is restored after an outage. My generator powers half the house not including the driveway alarm. When power is restored, the alarm sounds and then I know that I can turn the generator off.

My neighbor is having the same trouble as I with unannounced visitors. So as an experiment I brought my receiver to him and had him put it in a bad spot (behind multiple walls) in his home. Then I rode my scooter up and down the driveway and it sounded every time. He was 600 feet from the transmitter.

I have no complaints with this system.

/ good price on a driveway alarm #12  
I'm having about the same luck with mine as HeeHaw :-(

I will tinker with the sensitivity control a bit before returning it though.

/ good price on a driveway alarm #13  
I would never hesitate to call and talk to the Dakota Alert folks for their guidance and advice on making their units work........REALLY GOOD FOLKS with a helpful and caring attitude............

God bless.......Dennis

/ good price on a driveway alarm
i am beginning to think they have lowered the output power of the transmitters?? it looks just like the one i have had for years, thats over 450ft from the house...but it sure
doesn't work as well...i will call dakota before i return the rest of the receiver etc..
heehaw

talked to dakota alert...i will have a fix for these tomorrow...as suspected, they are lower power output..
heehaw

check your pm's...hopefully we have a fix...
heehaw

/ good price on a driveway alarm #17  
They make 3 versions, 1 is a MURS, and the other 2 are something I don't know what. One of them was rated at something like 3K feet. Well, neither of those systems ever worked for me at a distance of less than 400 feet. After trying several combinations of sensitivity adjustments, hoses, IR, and magnetic probe, finally just determined that the trees were causing the problem. I finally hooked up the MURS version with a magnetic probe. No problems at all ever since. I personally wouldn't bother trying anything but MURS if you have any trees whatsoever.

Went back and looked at the Dakota site. Yes, I tried the 3000 and 2500 systems, both of which would not work at 400' on my drive. Too many trees. There were no bad components. I worked with Dakota for about 3 years swapping out boards, transmitters, receivers, probes, etc.

/ good price on a driveway alarm #18  
I have been using Dakota driveway alarm for several years, with great results. Because most of the deer in Western Maryland live on my property, my model uses a buried sensor that detects only metal. My transmitter is approx. 100' from the receiver. Dakota is a great company to work with.

/ good price on a driveway alarm #19  
The Driveway Alert I bought can be linked directly or by relay to just about any bell, whistle, light or shotgun.

July 21, 2011.wmv - YouTube

:laughing::laughing::laughing: OMG! That is PRICELESS!

Where can I get one and I assume you have to run electricity to it.

Also, please tell us how to connect it to a shotgun :thumbsup:

Be well,
David

i like the model with the hose across the drive, because i can move it anywhere i need to, quickly...have only moved it a couple times in the years i have had it, but being able to sure made it handy..
heehaw