good price on a driveway alarm

/ good price on a driveway alarm #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
the dakota wireless rubber hose drive alert 3000 is on ebay, for a buy it now price of $109.67, with free shipping..i have had one of these for several years, an it has not missed
a single vehicle..i paid more than this for mine: if you want or need a drive way alarm, this is the only one i would recommend.
heehaw

/ good price on a driveway alarm #3  
The Driveway Alert I bought can be linked directly or by relay to just about any bell, whistle, light or shotgun.

July 21, 2011.wmv - YouTube

/ good price on a driveway alarm
"tjferns", thats a pretty good web site, but the price is higher than the dakota alert
thru ebay??
heehaw

/ good price on a driveway alarm #5  
the dakota wireless rubber hose drive alert 3000 is on ebay, for a buy it now price of $109.67, with free shipping..i have had one of these for several years, an it has not missed
a single vehicle..i paid more than this for mine: if you want or need a drive way alarm, this is the only one i would recommend.
heehaw

Where on ebay........perhaps copy and paste the link?..........Am a strong believer in dakota products and that is a great price...........thanks.....God bless.......Dennis

receipt says item number 120312999772, but i will go to ebay an copy an past if i can..that is the correct item number 120312999772...just enter WRH-3000 an do a search and it will pop up...
heehaw

/ good price on a driveway alarm #7  
Thanks for the tip heehaw. Been wanting/needing one, so I ordered one from them. Good service at a good price. I appreciate the savings.

i ordered one, my son in law ordered one, i have one i have used for many years, an just changed the battery in the transmitter last week: got the new one in, an it has missed every car so far?? works when i stomp on the line, but still misses the vehicles, i installed it on the line of the one i have used for years, an it missed the only car that has come in since then..i went inside the transmitter an adjusted the sensitivity..hope that solves it: waiting on someone to drive in or out to see if it works.
heehaw

/ good price on a driveway alarm #9  
I did get mine in and installed today. It's a little disappointing in that it will not transmit a full 300' with the trees in the way. I had to install it within 100' of the receiver, and even then, it missed one car going over it.

I'd sure like to know how to tweak the sensitivity of the transmitter. No doubt it's set for low sensitivity.

I haven't given up on it yet though. Looks like a bargain regardless.

after extensive testing, i sent the transmitter back yesterday: it wouldn't reach the receiver over 75-100ft from the house, an there is nothing in the way..my original alarm, which looks exactly like the new one, is 450ft from the house, an has never missed a vehicle: if you will open the lid, an watch the led light that is behind the sensor for the driveway tube: it will light every time the unit transmits: you can turn that knob on the front of the sensor, till the light comes on, then back it off till it goes off, an then the sensor is at its most sensitive position: but that will not make it transmit further..
they said they would test the transmitter an let me know if they find anything wrong..if not, i will send the receiver an other parts in, because its not worth it if it won't work any better than 100ft...an not reliably at that distance..
heehaw