23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
One picture shows the run down farmhouse I purchased for $28,000 back in late 1988. I was able to obtain a copy of the original purchase order as it was a kit house, made by the Aladdin company in Bay City, Michigan. The kit was delivered to the property in May of 1949, at a cost of $3633, tax and delivery included. Two bedroom, one bath, 900 square feet in area.

Wife's brothers and I built on in early 2002, the only thing we didn't do was dig the foundation hole and do the heating/cooling (code required contractor do that). Currently is a 2350 square foot, 2 1/2 bath, with first floor laundry room and formal dining room, two fireplaces (one wood, one gas) completely gutted and redid much of the original house in the process.

I don't even want to begin to estimate the hours that have gone into this project as my sweat equity!! The $217 grand is the original purchase price, plus all the costs associated with adding on, upgrading, and remodeling, but no interest is included.

Don't really want to toot my own horn, but I am so proud and happy, because we just paid off our mortgage this week....:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 577
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 612
   / 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #3  
Incredible. Wonderful. Good for you. One of the best feelings in the world.

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #4  
Beautiful place! Congrats on the payoff, thats GOTTA feel good!

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #5  
This is what Americans should do. Congratulations, it looks great.

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #6  
One picture shows the run down farmhouse I purchased for $28,000 back in late 1988. I was able to obtain a copy of the original purchase order as it was a kit house, made by the Aladdin company in Bay City, Michigan. The kit was delivered to the property in May of 1949, at a cost of $3633, tax and delivery included. Two bedroom, one bath, 900 square feet in area.

Wife's brothers and I built on in early 2002, the only thing we didn't do was dig the foundation hole and do the heating/cooling (code required contractor do that). Currently is a 2350 square foot, 2 1/2 bath, with first floor laundry room and formal dining room, two fireplaces (one wood, one gas) completely gutted and redid much of the original house in the process.

I don't even want to begin to estimate the hours that have gone into this project as my sweat equity!! The $217 grand is the original purchase price, plus all the costs associated with adding on, upgrading, and remodeling, but no interest is included.

Don't really want to toot my own horn, but I am so proud and happy, because we just paid off our mortgage this week....:thumbsup:

Wow...You barely can tell that's the same house!!! Congrats on the payoff!!! :thumbsup:

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #7  
Good deal, what a mile stone! Allot of "sweet" equity now:thumbsup:

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #8  
Congratulations. You and your wife should have a "candlelight" dinner and celebrate.:):thumbsup::tractor:

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #9  
One picture shows the run down farmhouse I purchased for $28,000 back in late 1988. I was able to obtain a copy of the original purchase order as it was a kit house, made by the Aladdin company in Bay City, Michigan. The kit was delivered to the property in May of 1949, at a cost of $3633, tax and delivery included. Two bedroom, one bath, 900 square feet in area........

Fantastic job! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the before and after pictures. What a comparison! :thumbsup:

/ 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later #10  
Congratulations. Full ownership certainly helps you to sleep at night.