Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later

One picture shows the run down farmhouse I purchased for $28,000 back in late 1988. I was able to obtain a copy of the original purchase order as it was a kit house, made by the Aladdin company in Bay City, Michigan. The kit was delivered to the property in May of 1949, at a cost of $3633, tax and delivery included. Two bedroom, one bath, 900 square feet in area.

Wife's brothers and I built on in early 2002, the only thing we didn't do was dig the foundation hole and do the heating/cooling (code required contractor do that). Currently is a 2350 square foot, 2 1/2 bath, with first floor laundry room and formal dining room, two fireplaces (one wood, one gas) completely gutted and redid much of the original house in the process.

I don't even want to begin to estimate the hours that have gone into this project as my sweat equity!! The $217 grand is the original purchase price, plus all the costs associated with adding on, upgrading, and remodeling, but no interest is included.

Don't really want to toot my own horn, but I am so proud and happy, because we just paid off our mortgage this week....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -052-jpg   -048-jpg  
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Default Re: 23 years of sweat equity and $217,000 later

Quote Originally Posted by JDgreen227 View Post
    I am so proud and happy, because we just paid off our mortgage this week....
    Good for you. That has to feel good.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Incredible. Wonderful. Good for you. One of the best feelings in the world.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Beautiful place! Congrats on the payoff, thats GOTTA feel good!

Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

This is what Americans should do. Congratulations, it looks great.
    Bob Rip
    Tell me and I will hear.
    Show me and I will see.
    Let me do and I will learn.
    Let me fail and I will understand.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

One picture shows the run down farmhouse I purchased for $28,000 back in late 1988. I was able to obtain a copy of the original purchase order as it was a kit house, made by the Aladdin company in Bay City, Michigan. The kit was delivered to the property in May of 1949, at a cost of $3633, tax and delivery included. Two bedroom, one bath, 900 square feet in area.

Wife's brothers and I built on in early 2002, the only thing we didn't do was dig the foundation hole and do the heating/cooling (code required contractor do that). Currently is a 2350 square foot, 2 1/2 bath, with first floor laundry room and formal dining room, two fireplaces (one wood, one gas) completely gutted and redid much of the original house in the process.

I don't even want to begin to estimate the hours that have gone into this project as my sweat equity!! The $217 grand is the original purchase price, plus all the costs associated with adding on, upgrading, and remodeling, but no interest is included.

Don't really want to toot my own horn, but I am so proud and happy, because we just paid off our mortgage this week....
    Wow...You barely can tell that's the same house!!! Congrats on the payoff!!!
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Good deal, what a mile stone! Allot of "sweet" equity now
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Congratulations. You and your wife should have a "candlelight" dinner and celebrate.

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

One picture shows the run down farmhouse I purchased for $28,000 back in late 1988. I was able to obtain a copy of the original purchase order as it was a kit house, made by the Aladdin company in Bay City, Michigan. The kit was delivered to the property in May of 1949, at a cost of $3633, tax and delivery included. Two bedroom, one bath, 900 square feet in area........

Fantastic job!

Thanks for the before and after pictures. What a comparison!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130DT

Congratulations. Full ownership certainly helps you to sleep at night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast