Propane tank to house parts missing?

/ Propane tank to house parts missing? #1  

valley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Michigan 55A, Foton 254
Greetings, We recently bought a place that had been forclosed on.
I just noticed that the connection between the propane tank and the regulator is missing and there are screw in locks on the tank outlet and the regulator. Looks like it was done by a propane company.
The tank comes with the house, does not look like a company tank.

Can any propane company remove the plugs, can I? The house has been vacant for near two years. What do you think. Thankyou

Richard

/ Propane tank to house parts missing? #2  
Sounds like someone owed a Propane Company and I would bet it is their tank. Other wise I would have thought they would have pumped out the remaining gas rather than lock down the tank.

MarkV

/ Propane tank to house parts missing? #3  
When we moved into the WV place back in the 80's we had a similar experience. The tank belonged to the propane co. but they said they had to have a signed document from the original customer before we could use the gas in it. That ticked me off enough to tell them to come get their tank off my property & we went with another supplier ... (the seller later sent us a check for the recovered propane).

Nick

/ Propane tank to house parts missing? #4  
I would also guess the propane company owns the tank. Rather than the expense of removing the tank, they locked it up and left it there. Probably hoping the next owner would use their services, plus free storage. I would also expect that they pumped any remaining gas out.

/ Propane tank to house parts missing?
Am I suposed to hunt them down. I'm thinking I'll put a pig tail on and have it filled.