New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
Take a look below at the new rules for burning any debris in our country..now we can not even burn vegetative matter caused by storm damage even in a burn barrel...this will mean folks will just pile up the branches, and trees on their property and create an eye sore and fire hazzard...the cost to hire a roll off or dump truck along with land fill fees would be prohibitive..The county does not pick up any downed trees or branches ...Go Figure...there is just no common sense anymore. Can't even use welders , blow torches..etc .

謬he burning of leaves is permissible on the premises on which they fall, by the person in control of the premises, unless prohibited by local ordinance or regulation.

匹arrying out recognized agricultural procedures necessary for production or harvesting of crops is allowed.

謬he prescribed burning of any land by the owners or the owner痴 designee.

彦or recreational purposes, such as a camping or bonfire, or the cooking of food for immediate human consumption.

彦ires set for the training of firefighting personnel when authorized by the appropriate government entity.

謬he operation of devises using open flames such as tar kettles, blowtorches, welding torches, portable heaters, or other flame making equipment.

桧pen burning for the purpose of land clearing or construction or right-of-way maintenance provided the prevailing winds at the time of burning are away from the major portion of area痴 population; the location of the burning must be 1,000 feet from any occupied structure; the amount of dirt in or on the material being burned is minimized; and heavy oils, asphalt materials, items containing rubber or synthetic rubber compounds, or materials other than plant growth, are not being burned.

疋isposal of all packaging materials previously containing explosives, in accordance with U.S. Dept of Labor Safety Regulations.

桧pen burning of vegetative materials for the purpose of land clearing using an air curtain destructor provided that the conditions enacted by the state and local government over air curtain destructor usage is followed.

Burning that is not allowed in the County based on the new regulations are:

彦ires for the disposal of vegetative debris from storm damage.

彦ires for weed abatement, disease, and pest prevention or treatment.

謬he burning of garbage or lumber, even in a burn barrel is illegal.

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #2  
Are these rules only in your County or the entire State? Did the EPA pass these rules nationwide or is the decision open for ratification and enforcement by Districts. I would sincerely appreciate your reply in regards to this issue. Thank you.:confused2:

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules
Are these rules only in your County or the entire State? Did the EPA pass these rules nationwide or is the decision open for ratification and enforcement by Districts. I would sincerely appreciate your reply in regards to this issue. Thank you.:confused2:

These rules apply to the Northern Half of the State ..mainly those counties surrounding Atlanta, Ga. supposedly a quality of air issue but that is ridiculous ...since when all of the wood folks are now going to stock pile finally gets ignited by a lightening strike and there are huge forest fires like in Texas right now then all the smoke will be in the air but it will be smoke from burning homes and their contents as well....very disheartening...

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #4  
When you burn your piles, just walk around with a weiner on a stick...We have similar mandates in place, the township is forced to "enforce" it by the state. The local guys know it's silly, but their hands are tied. They send out mailers with the rules on, but that's as far as it goes, for now.

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #5  
When you burn your piles, just walk around with a weiner on a stick...

That's pretty funny....
"Sir, do you realize you're cooking your weiner over a pile of burning trash?"
"Yes, I always cook my weiners over burning trash as I like the unique smoked flavor. You can't get it anywhere else."

Keith

When you burn your piles, just walk around with a weiner on a stick...We have similar mandates in place, the township is forced to "enforce" it by the state. The local guys know it's silly, but their hands are tied. They send out mailers with the rules on, but that's as far as it goes, for now.

Funny Andy, that is exactly what I told my wife last night when we were discussing this...She said well we can't burn and of the limbs and branches...I said ..Yes we can ...it will just cost us a few hot dogs...we just put a grate over the fire and put some sticks in the hot dogs and as soon as someone pulls up hold the hot dogs over the fire...So that is exactly what we will do....I agree 100%:)

That's pretty funny....
"Sir, do you realize you're cooking your weiner over a pile of burning trash?"
"Yes, I always cook my weiners over burning trash as I like the unique smoked flavor. You can't get it anywhere else."

Keith

KTurner, Andy is right...these folks out in the country that have to enforce this stupid law live out here amongst us and they will know exactly what we are doing but it gets them off the hook....and no we will not eat the hot dogs...they will be wasted but it is cheaper than paying landfill fees , dump truck or roll off fees or having wood piled up creating a fire hazard...:)

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #7  
Take a look below at the new rules for burning any debris in our country..now we can not even burn vegetative matter caused by storm damage even in a burn barrel...this will mean folks will just pile up the branches, and trees on their property and create an eye sore and fire hazzard...the cost to hire a roll off or dump truck along with land fill fees would be prohibitive..The county does not pick up any downed trees or branches ...Go Figure...there is just no common sense anymore.

Wouldn't a chainsaw and a chipper take care of all that, without risking a fire?

Can't even use welders , blow torches..etc .

Huh? Doesn't paragraph 6 above specifically allow that?

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #8  
Funny Andy, that is exactly what I told my wife last night when we were discussing this...She said well we can't burn and of the limbs and branches...I said ..Yes we can ...it will just cost us a few hot dogs...we just put a grate over the fire and put some sticks in the hot dogs and as soon as someone pulls up hold the hot dogs over the fire...So that is exactly what we will do....I agree 100%:)

KTurner, Andy is right...these folks out in the country that have to enforce this stupid law live out here amongst us and they will know exactly what we are doing but it gets them off the hook....and no we will not eat the hot dogs...they will be wasted but it is cheaper than paying landfill fees , dump truck or roll off fees or having wood piled up creating a fire hazard...:)

Go for marshmellos on the sticks, they are cheaper and that way if they come to give you a ticket you can flick burning marshmellows at them:laughing:

Wouldn't a chainsaw and a chipper take care of all that, without risking a fire?

I don't have a chipper and many of the logs, limbs are too big for a chipper unless I spend money to rent a big one on a regular basis

Huh? Doesn't paragraph 6 above specifically allow that?

" The operation of devises using open flames such as tar kettles, blowtorches, welding torches, portable heaters, or other flame making equipment."

This requires a burning permit...so can you imagine every time you want to use your welding torch, portable heater even your gas grill...you have to call and get a burning permit...

/ New Burning rules in our County...to conform to EPA rules #10  
I for one hope that garbage will not be burned..I do burn Pine tree limbs about monthly.