Indoor wood water heater in Ontario

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #1  

greeneggsandham

Tractor
Kubota L245DT
I want to buy a water heating woodstove which is specifically designed to heat water for hydronic heating systems, sits in the living room & looks good on display, can be used to cook during power outages,

They're commonly available anywhere else in the world but North America. ... getting kind of pissed at finding nothing offered here but useless gold plated wood stoves or the opposite, hide it in the basement products.

PS not looking for water coils or chimney heat collector, and insurance is not an issue. They don't want my money.

Thanks

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #2  
Interested in what you find. I am looking for domestic hot water, tired of the oil boiler firing every time I wash my hands ! Looks like a indoor boiler with storage is the way to go for me, just need a bucket of cash !

Home heating systems using wood burning boilers from TARM Biomass

I got a boiler plate to put in my basement wood stove but haven't hooked it up. I would have to get a water tank, put it at the top of the basement stairs and let the hot water rise to the tank. Just worried that if it got too got the T&P valve would pop and fill the house with steam and hot water ! :mad:

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #3  
You are going to need a storage tank in the system somewhere with a pressure relieve vavle, it's needs to be in the basement or somewhere it won't get an interior space wet when and if it blows off. If it does it will be a mess. I used an 80 gal stainless steel tank, you will also need a circulator pump for the system. It will work but it is something that needs a VERY lot of attention

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #4  
Remember steams expands at a rate of 1 to 17 so a cubic inch of water will expand to 17 cubic inches of steam

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario
   / Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #7  
My box was about 4' tall 4' wide and 5' long firebricks on bottom and pipeing on sides and top. It took one that big to load with wood for an all day burn, while we were at work. It had a 24" X 24" door so you could load a fairly large log. we heated a 1600SqFt house with it, in fairly cold weather. then natural gas came by our property and that was the end of it.

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario
I'm not looking for water coils inside as a secondary function but rather the stoves primary use is for heating water. The European models heat water and are rated in kilowatts so it's easy to understand how much heat is being transferred to the water and residual radiated heat is much less and also given in kilowatts.

I have a normal wood stove right now that I had surrounded with automobile air conditioning condensers and sent that heat off to my water tank to be circulated in my floor piping until we uber heated the water one day to about 170 degrees and burst a pin hole into 2 condensers. I really miss the hot water heating but now I want a professional system. Maybe my insurance company will even take me back, but I couldn't care less ( there loss ) I also have on the chimney a Magic HeaT recovery system which is excellent but requires chimney to be cleaned more frequently.

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #9  
I have 17 year old wood fired boiler furnace in my basement it is made by Clayton , and then it allows the option of using the extra U shaped coil that is in the firebox that I can plumb to my water heater to help that heater obtain hot water already heated by my wood.

I doubt this is what you asking for , but maybe Clayton makes other specific to just water tanks.

I myself have not dared to connect the wood boiler extra loop to my electric water heater even though they are just four feet apart, I just worry too much about the pressure relief needs of plumbing it all , I just hate to think about the water in that coil not getting sent to the tank and then basically exploding in my wood box. The wood box is surrounded by a water jacket that is then heated and sent to my radiators in the house. Do a google search on clayton wood fired boilers you might get something.

/ Indoor wood water heater in Ontario #10  
Not quite, its something like 1 to 1700.
Remember steams expands at a rate of 1 to 17 so a cubic inch of water will expand to 17 cubic inches of steam