Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,071  
It started at 60 F this morning at 6 AM and is already down to 53 F with a steady north breeze according to my wind vane and anemometer I can view from my computer. The NWS forecast now calls for 32 F tonight. Sigh. . . :( My poor garden has been beat down so many times and come back that I'm gonna nickname it Rocky Balboa.:rolleyes:

I was out with the horses, when the wind shifted and picked up. There may be more than one garden named "Rocky" when this winter leaves, for good. The last cold front got half of my okra plants, that has just broken the surface. Nothing appears to be doing much growing, due to the weather patterns. I'm sure I'll be replanting all of the okra, when we get out of this cold spell.

If I wanted things to be below 60 this time of year, I'd live some place else. Go away winter!

Now I am off to work in barns.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,072  
On the way to 70's today with light winds and lots 'o sun. Perfect day to put in second row of garden. Put in first row of peas, carrots, lettuce, some glad bulbs and onions a few weeks ago. Second and successive plantings give us the goodies all summer long so I'm thinking more peas, the spinach I forgot last time, onions and more carrots.

Then comes the grunt work for the day..haircuts for the dogs. It's still early in the season so no buzz cuts yet but we need to clean up the thick coats and get rid of some of the bulk of hair. Even with generally compliant dogs, this is a couple hour effort.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #10,073  
Sixdogs, I had to laugh, while I have no dogs, I am off to get a haircut too! Except I keep beating up on my barber that if he doesn't keep it from falling out,
he won't have a job anymore. And FarmGirl, is your Avery a combine or a tractor? Under wraps in the barn or on the show circuit?
Pics?

As the Depression waned, the company was restarted in 1936 as the Avery Farm Machinery Co. It manufactured primarily combines, separators and replacement combine cylinder teeth. Two years later, in 1938, it produced the Avery Ro-Trac tractor, which had an unusual front-axle design that could be converted from a narrow- to a wide-front tractor.[8]:31 It was the first Avery tractor in a dozen years, but this was doomed to be its last tractor. World War II interrupted production again, and the company closed its doors for the last time.[4]

Avery tractors are considered very rare and are highly prized among collectors today

/ Good morning!!!! #10,074  
Good Morning! 67˚ and cloudy.
My remote garden is behind schedule as I try to focus on current projects.
However, being late this spring is a good thing because of the late cold snaps.
I need to find a another 100W solar panel to get the water from my spring to the garden.
Each project brings on new levels of more projects, retirement, loving it......

/ Good morning!!!! #10,075  
its another over cast morning and 37 warming to 42 with showers.looked at the week forecast and we should hit 70 this weekend wow.the snow will begone cant wait.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,076  
Good Morning! 67˚ and cloudy...

...Each project brings on new levels of more projects, retirement, loving it......

Yeah, you got that right. And the best part about retirement is that no day ends as it started or was planned.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,079  
67F and voggy again

Off to HomeDepot, 2 sheets of pegboard for shop
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #10,080  
Retirement - sure beats the alternatives :)

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet