Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #1,001  
I'd look at you payback period. It might be in your late 70's before you break even. And it will help you between contracts.

I should do some research into this, really...

Contract work can be very lucrative. Last job was $35/hour and I know some guys do better then that. If you self-incorporate (S Corporation), you can do even better. So, it's probable I'd make more then what's allowed in conjunction with Social Security for a given year.
You make a good point...maybe even for a good thread (for us old guys), but I'm getting too far off topic for this thread.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,002  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY!!!

I hope you got a new hat! ;)

Many Blessings to you today and everday sir!

David

/ Good morning!!!!
#1,003  
I should do some research into this, really...

Contract work can be very lucrative. Last job was $35/hour and I know some guys do better then that. If you self-incorporate (S Corporation), you can do even better. So, it's probable I'd make more then what's allowed in conjunction with Social Security for a given year.
You make a good point...maybe even for a good thread (for us old guys), but I'm getting too far off topic for this thread.

Google FIRE - financial independence and retired early - very good forums on financial independence. Lots of good calculators for this sort of thing.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,004  
Google FIRE - financial independence and retired early - very good forums on financial independence. Lots of good calculators for this sort of thing.

Thanks!
I've bookmarked the forums and I'll check it out in a bit

/ Good morning!!!! #1,005  
Happy B-day, Roy!

I had mine (63) two months ago, wife had hers just before Christmas. (65, I always did go for older women...hey, somebody had to have some maturity in our relationship!:D) Nice time of the year for birthdays.

Raining like a son of a gun now, temp's around 38. Supposed to turn over to snow later. Lost all of our ground snow again.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,006  
Thanks!
I've bookmarked the forums and I'll check it out in a bit

Roy, Those forums won't know what hit them! I bet you will be an epic contributor there soon!

it was 41, clear and a bit windy at 0500. I did not light the burnpile bonfire yesterday like I planned due to wind and a bit of rain at about 4:30. But I did make an open fire in the small metal fire pit I have and cook sausages like planned.

I'm on call today for work, so I am thinking about trying to do the 50 hr service between calls. We will see how that goes. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the "New & Improved" job offer, but if he does not move quickly I also have an interview Thursday or Friday with a major defence contractor... So I think there will be some big changes coming for me in 2012 regardless...

Happy 2012 and be well all of you!
David

/ Good morning!!!! #1,007  
Second cup of coffee is poured. 48 degrees this morning. Heading to 68 sunny and windy degrees. Made it to McAllen, TX yesterday. It rained just before we got to the RV park. Everything is green here. Going to complete setting up our site today for a 3+ month stay.
Happy belated birthday Roy. If you get up earlier and posted I would not be posting belated wishes. :ashamed:
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!!
#1,008  
Second cup of coffee is poured. 48 degrees this morning. Heading to 68 sunny and windy degrees. Made it to McAllen, TX yesterday. It rained just before we got to the RV park. Everything is green here. Going to complete setting up our site today for a 3+ month stay.
Happy belated birthday Roy. If you get up earlier and posted I would not be posting belated wishes. :ashamed:
Good Morning All.

Wow, I started reading that & I got all happy!! Then I realized that it wasn't part of my reality here in the mitten. Have a good time down there, us frozen left behinds will be thinking of ya!!!

/ Good morning!!!!
#1,009  
Gonna make some coffee, get the wife off to work. Marrying a younger woman is SO much work!!!!! Then gotta take care of some banking, and get to work on the "list". Have a good one guys!!! :)

/ Good morning!!!! #1,010  
39 going to 50s overcast an chilly.Another day in the shop.:)life is good.
Army Grunt