Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,251  
Good morning! 67˚ light fog heading to the mid 80˚s.
Tv is showing the cars being washed down the street in Houston from Saturday's rain that missed us. We could have handle that 13" rain here a lot better than Houston.
I'm tilling the clover inside the circle drive. I'll be looking for drought grass seed to plant.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,252  
Raining and 58 here, supposed to rain all day, been a fairly wet fall, winter and spring. That is nice compared to last year when we had 15 months of drought. And yes, I know 15 months is more than a year! I studies in all 57 states! :D

/ Good morning!!!! #10,253  
Good morning! 67˚ light fog heading to the mid 80˚s.
Tv is showing the cars being washed down the street in Houston from Saturday's rain that missed us. We could have handle that 13" rain here a lot better than Houston.
I'm tilling the clover inside the circle drive. I'll be looking for drought grass seed to plant.

We have been purchasing seed from this company. Great selection- a lot of native choices and drought tolerant seeds. They supplied the varieties that were used in the Bastrop area after the wildfires.

https://www.seedsource.com/

/ Good morning!!!! #10,254  
Dave, that's a swell looking outdoor grill. It's not as convenient as a charcoal or gas grill, but you can have lots of people sitting around and watching the food cook where that is far less possible with a traditional grill. That cooking area is much more inviting than a grill on the backyard patio near the door. With yours, people can enjoy the 'experience' as much as the food.:)

We had a gorgeous weekend here. My wife and I planted some more flowers and I did garden maintenance with my grandson. Actually, I did most of the maintenance and he took care of picking asparagus and asking a gazillion questions.:D Today started out at 57 F and is supposed to make it up to 89 F. We already had one day above 90 F in April, and I hope today doesn't make the 2nd one. Rain and thunderstorms are predicted mid-week, so I'm keepin' my hail protection buckets handy for my garden. The row-crops like beans and peas will just have to fend for themselves. I can protect a row crop from frost with row covers, but I just don't know a good way to protect from hail.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,255  
Mix of sun/cloud with the chance of a shower, high of 16c/61f.
The 14 day long range forecast is looking great. :):):):):):):)
Started splitting some of my fire wood yesterday, when all done should be 10 of so cords.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,256  
Good morning all. 45F for a start going to 78F and sunny. Flower garden weeding ride on the schedule for today. Ms R levels receding slowly, thought you might like a pic from one of the roads I ride.

Attachments

• 130424_0001.jpg
    130424_0001.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 87
   / Good morning!!!! #10,257  
Good morning all. 45F for a start going to 78F and sunny. Flower garden weeding ride on the schedule for today. Ms R levels receding slowly, thought you might like a pic from one of the roads I ride.

Looks like the only riding down that road is in a boat. :lifepreserver: :boat:

/ Good morning!!!! #10,259  
Dave, that's a swell looking outdoor grill. It's not as convenient as a charcoal or gas grill, but you can have lots of people sitting around and watching the food cook where that is far less possible with a traditional grill. That cooking area is much more inviting than a grill on the backyard patio near the door. With yours, people can enjoy the 'experience' as much as the food.:)

<snip> .

Convenient it ain't. :laughing: Out in the open you have to pick your day. Not too windy, not raining, etc. There is something about a wood fire that can't be had with gas or charcoal for taste and atmosphere. I use mostly beech wood since it has a neutral taste. Sometimes I throw on a bit of apple or black cherry for more wood flavor.

The swinging grill is great for a wood fire since you can keep it spinning and swinging, there are no problems with uneven heat or flare-ups, plus the grill can be lowered or raised according to the fire heat and how much heat is desired on the food. It can be raised high enough to stop cooking completely while getting, or getting rid of, a beer. :laughing:

It's fun although the heat plus being in the sun can easily be too much on a hot day. For folks that do more grilling, a hut of some sort extends the usefulness. Half-height sidewalls keep the wind issue down but still let the smoke out, add some benches along the walls, lighting, etc. I've seen swinging grills suspended in an indoor fireplace with a waist-high hearth. The fireplace chimney takes the smoke outside. Something like that is very cozy on a winter night.

I don't grill all that often. I have a little charcoal hibachi for doing burgers, dogs and steak for myself. Sharon isn't much of a meat eater, but she likes the grilled chicken.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,260  
68F a bit overcast

Well, the softball was interesting. The field of rocks made for interesting bounces LOL
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet