Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,341  
Actually, we bought a washer and dryer for $245000...had a house and 8.6 acres included

Ha. I hope they threw in a year's supply of soap with that. :D

So, ya got any house or tractor projects to do with your new property?

/ Good morning!!!! #10,342  
Ha. I hope they threw in a year's supply of soap with that. :D

So, ya got any house or tractor projects to do with your new property?

No soap...unfortunately!

House projects...not too much. Some painting, pressure washing and staining the decks (3 decks...two smaller ones, one 14 x 20 deck). We do need to put in a fence for the dog, but that will probably be professionally done.

As far as tractor work...well, there's 8.6 acres. About 2 to 2.5 acres are lawn, so mostly mowing initially.

Vermont010.jpg

There's a lower field with between 5.5 and 6.5 acres. I haven't walked it yet (it was snow covered when we first toured the house). That field is along the White River so I reckon it might be a bit mucky, but it's not "wetlands". Might be some tractor projects there later this year.

This picture is from the larger deck (shown in the picture above). About half of the field shown in the distance (beyond the closer treeline) is part of the property. The property line goes considerably farther (if the picture was extended way out to the right).

Vermont041.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #10,343  
No soap...unfortunately!

House projects...not too much. Some painting, pressure washing and staining the decks (3 decks...two smaller ones, one 14 x 20 deck). We do need to put in a fence for the dog, but that will probably be professionally done.

As far as tractor work...well, there's 8.6 acres. About 2 to 2.5 acres are lawn, so mostly mowing initially.

View attachment 316181

There's a lower field with between 5.5 and 6.5 acres. I haven't walked it yet (it was snow covered when we first toured the house). That field is along the White River so I reckon it might be a bit mucky, but it's not "wetlands". Might be some tractor projects there later this year.

This picture is from the larger deck (shown in the picture above). About half of the field shown in the distance (beyond the closer treeline) is part of the property. The property line goes considerably farther (if the picture was extended way out to the right).

View attachment 316190

Somebody painted your fields all white. That must have taken a lot of time.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,344  
Roy,

A fence is nice to have with a dog. Open the door and out or in they go, no hassle, no worry and you can do that in your pajamas while holding a cup of coffee. :)

Sounds like a nice setting with the river. There could be some nice topsoil there in the lower field. I have dug a few graves at the horse rescue place down the road. Their pasture is in flat stream bottom land, not as big as the White River by any means. It has clean topsoil to die for about 2' deep, and then it switches to pure bank run gravel that is also high quality.

I don't know the Vermont setbacks from a waterway, but there is probably some regulation or other about disturbing/digging up the ground within so many feet of the water.

It will be fun getting to know your new land.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,345  
Roy, great news congratulations better service the tractor 8 1/2 will keep you busy

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #10,346  
Hot Dawg Roy, that is awesome news...

Got a spare bedroom for homeless vagabond like me (bit of a commute though)... ;)

It seems I have 2 prequal letters from 2 different lenders, we shall see what happens next on my side.

I am very, very happy for you sir and your great news.

Have a great day.
David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,347  
Great weather down this way a bit cool this morning 36 degrees, but the sun is up blue sky and no wind.
Just working around the place today / weekend.
Good news Roy, sure you will have many project to do and if not your wife will add to your honey do list!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,348  
Poured first cup of coffee. 48 degrees with clear skies this morning. Heading to 70 with clear skies. Got to cut the lawn today.
Congrats Roy.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,349  
Today is a repeat of yesterday, and the days before and the days to come. Lows are around 35*, highs around 65*-70*, sunny. Very unusual, although very nice, we need a good rain.

Anybody building around here this Spring is getting a real gift of great weather. When we built in 2006, we sat in the camper and watched it rain for three weeks in May just after the foundation excavation was done.

Have good start to the weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,350  
Cool and cloudy, northeast gale winds for the 6th straight day! No real end yet.