Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,361  
Today is a repeat of yesterday, and the days before and the days to come. Lows are around 35*, highs around 65*-70*, sunny. Very unusual, although very nice, we need a good rain.

Anybody building around here this Spring is getting a real gift of great weather. When we built in 2006, we sat in the camper and watched it rain for three weeks in May just after the foundation excavation was done.

Have good start to the weekend!

We can relate, also built in 2006. Our house is what I call the 4 boxes concept - basically 4 standalone modules tied together only by the concrete landis and overlapping roofs. First two slabs (bedrooms) were poured end of Jan. the second two (livingroom/ kitchen and garage) not til May due to rain.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #10,362  
69F, sunny

BIL coming over to help me change out TV, takes 2 people to do the wall mount. He helped me hang the old one in 2006. Apparently the HD is going back - pixelization.
The new LG 60 inch plasma was half the cost of the old one, pioneer 4304
Being as the price for inviting my BIL was dinner, also having a few other friends over. Wife made stuffed cabbage and two macadamia nut pies - mmmmmmmmm

Have a great day

David ....You made me remember..this will make you feel better...In 2004 we bought a Panasonic 42 " Plasma TV...from Circut City now bankrupt....It cost us $3,000.00 plus and the salesman said Plasma tvs were an unknown so he talked us into a service contract for $500.00 more for 5 yrs. protection....

Today we could buy a 42 inch Plasma for less than the service agreement ( $500) cost us 8 yrs. ago...just imagine ...but we would have had to wait 8 yrs . to enjoy the TV...so I guess it is all relative...and, knock on wood, we have never had a problem so the service contract was a total waste....the TV is still going strong ...when it goes we will get as big a one as we can to fit over our fireplace....I think a 60 inch at least will fit...

Now do you feel better....? :confused3:;)

/ Good morning!!!! #10,363  
Sure do Bob LOL

We are replacing the 43 in with a 60 in, fortunately same wall mount, so save a bit there. This is in our bedroom and just a basic, no smart, non 3D unit - $800 at Costco.. Probably 80% of our evening viewing is in the master suite. i will be hooking the Apple Tv to it. This will actually be a better unit than the livingroom, which is a 6 yo, 58 in Panasonic, but only 720HD. I remember wife commenting how big it was at the time. We will often watch it from 30 ft away, so really not that big. It is over the fireplace and i have pondered what would fit there without changing the mount. Will be interesting what size replaces it when time, as well as the cost. One of the things we like is viewing photos on the big screen. When our granddaughter was here last summer, we'd do iPhone videos of her and replay them on the TV. She got a real kick watching.

Put the 43 in Pioneer on Craigslist as a freebie, will get picked up tomorrow. Someone else can enjoy it for a spell.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,364  
i am glad to hear it all worked out Roy.its a good feeling to know its yours.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,365  
33 this morning but looks like another sunny day with temps close to 70.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,366  
2013-05-05, 0545

36 now, high of 82 predicted...

Thanks for all those very kind comments!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,367  
Morning everyone!

I'm off to Church to teach HS Sunday School and do some of my other duties as well.

Then I'm going out to mexican dinner for Cinco De Mayo.

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,368  
Drinking last cup of coffee for today. 51 degrees with bright sun this morning. Heading to 72 degrees with more bright sun all day. Taking my mother to a birthday party for her sister. Then NASCAR in between rain showers forecast for the area.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,369  
Got a spare bedroom for homeless vagabond like me (bit of a commute though)... ;)

Have a great day.
David

Well, there are 3 bedrooms on the main floor and two in the semi-finished basement plus a 1.5 bathroom and setting room (read "Man Cave"). Place was advertised as three bedrooms, but there are actually five.
The seller's (an older widow) son lived in one of the basement bedrooms. He's moving in with his GF (nice couple). They want to move to Maine (her home state) in the near future...which is why this place was being sold.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,370  
Well, there are 3 bedrooms on the main floor and two in the semi-finished basement plus a 1.5 bathroom and setting room (read "Man Cave"). Place was advertised as three bedrooms, but there are actually five.
The seller's (an older widow) son lived in one of the basement bedrooms. He's moving in with his GF (nice couple). They want to move to Maine (her home state) in the near future...which is why this place was being sold.

VERY NICE!!!

I need to find a new place to crash by the 18th...

You're on the list... :D

Just Kidding...

Congrats on the new house... It sounds VERY nice.

Be well Roy,
David