Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,571  
68f, raining. .32 in since midnight, .93 for the storm. We needed it.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms
Have a great day.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #10,572  
39 degrees this morning and only in the mid 50's today dropping down into the low to mid 30's tonight

/ Good morning!!!! #10,573  
Drinking hot coffee. 23° with clear skies. Heading to 54° with mostly sun. Very unusual cool morning for this time of year. When it warms up later today I plan to cut the lawn.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,574  
40 degrees, going up to mid sixties, but we got nervous last night and started putting sheets over some of the little veggie plants, like the peppers. Unnecessary, it didn't get that cold last night, but tonight there is expected to be a frost warning out, middle of May? Back on go the sheets, hopefully for the last time.

Need to take a few days off and mow the 18 acres of fields, which is part of my job as caretaker to this property where I keep all my equipment.
For the first time, yeah! I'm going to hook up my LandPride mower to the new Kubota and I can finally mow without sneezing. Pollen is super heavy now and it's just misery for the allergic. We shall see how those air filters work in the cab, I'm sure just fine. Now if that crummy oem radio wasn't broken I'd have some music. I have a new Kenwood and Polk speakers going in, but I'll be mowing without tunes this time.
I'd really rather be finishing the planting in the garden, but the fields are growing an inch a day it looks like so I need to get that done.

I'll be mowing with a soft collar on, an arm brace and a back brace, what a wreck. Headed for a neck fusion first week in June, need to get all my jobs done before a hard collar goes on for six weeks. Don't think I should be bouncing around in the cab with after a bone graft to my neck.
Ah the joys of getting older. It's just pain, sort of, my right arm is now going numb, but if I have to hurt, I'd rather be doing something than watching tv. Hard to sit and do nothing, just not wired that way, as I think most of us are.

so hopefully after I get the mower on, why, oh why haven't I got a quick hitch yet, these on and offs are hard on the body, I'm going to spend a few days quietly going round and round. The local hawks love it when I mow, the little moles and mice go running and the hawks swoop down. I never tire of watching the hawks. They have no fear of me whatsoever, they consider themselves top of the food chain, no matter how big or noisy the tractor is. Last summer I had to stop the mower while a hawk was working on a mouse in front of me, looking up at me like I was just an inconvenience, not a threat, and with a graceful swoop took off with his lunch. Glad it's not me having a raptor come looking for dinner material. So, there's always something to see while going round and round.

have a nice day all. Drew

/ Good morning!!!! #10,575  
Is your wife seeing a professional?

Supposedly... Sometimes I wonder if she is helping her or enabling her, or just collecting payments...

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,576  
70F, vog finally clearing, yeaaaaaa
Bella get a new yard, pics?
Your turn, David - TBN focus group at your service :)
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

And what a great group they are! :thumbsup:

Vog? I musta missed the explanation post on how Vog is different than Fog... ;) sorry for asking for a repeat.

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,577  
Mossflower; You can't reason with a woman that is angry. Of course, isn't much reasoning with a man that is angry. Do little nice things for her, when you can, and hopefully someone will find out what she is angry about and help her, and therefore both of you, work through it.

Hang in there!

Farmgirl,

In a nutshell she is angry at me. I am the source of all that is wrong in the universe, ask her and she will explain it...

Kidding aside, I still owe you a PM...

I am hanging in, The only other option is to run away, and I will not abandon my children nor my wife to whom I am committed...

David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,578  
43 chilly degrees this morning with frost expected tomorrow morning. Still can't shake cold been visiting for over a week now. Drew hope everything goes well today and with your surgery in June. Work has slowed down some sure hope it picks up again

/ Good morning!!!! #10,579  
So I am settled back in semi-permanently with friends I house-sat for. He just made 06, and is one of my role models in life, she is fabulous, and I've virtually adopted his twins one is at Naval Academy, other at college.

I tried to surprise the wife while they were at early service yesterday (our deal is she & girls go to early service, I go to late, SS is in the middle) with her very thoghtful (i thought) mothers day gifts [a purple rose bush, a gift cert to a restauarant she likes that I don't, and a large gift cert to her favorite sewing/craft store].

Well I can't win for losing. She was at the store with the girls home alone, seems baby was sick and they were skipping church...

Oldest daughter was hopping mad and over-reacted and yelled at me via text messages from behind a locked bedroom door... sigh...

I tried... Wife seems to be judging me on my intentions, knowing there was no malice intended...

Such is life...

Got a busy week, after a crammed Friday-Saturday trying to move quickly. Still need to settle in a bit...

Be well all.

I thank you ALL for the kind words and support you all offer me. This is still a refuge where I can hang out with friends who are not angry at me and do not treat me like a monster...

Thank you deeply...

God Bless,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,580  
... I'll be mowing with a soft collar on, an arm brace and a back brace, what a wreck. Headed for a neck fusion first week in June, need to get all my jobs done before a hard collar goes on for six weeks. Don't think I should be bouncing around in the cab with after a bone graft to my neck.
Ah the joys of getting older. ...

have a nice day all. Drew

Drew,

You will be in my prayers regularly now. May you be restoed to full health and function, and without pain.

I too agree, the sitting around doing nothing is the hardest part...

God Bless,
David