Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,661  
Drinking my second cup of coffee. 50° this morning with clear skies. Heading to 79° with clear skies all day. Found out there is a Menard's near where we are in west MI. Going to make a trip to it and check out what I do not need.
Hope all our friends in North TX are safe.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,662  
I slept in until 6!!! WOW!
It was a hot and sunny lovely day yesterday.

it is 62 headed for 80 and T-Storms. I will be driving the truck today.

Glad you are well FarmGirl, I hope all TBN (and everyone else too) in that area of tornaos is well.

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #10,663  
73 now, going to upper 80's today but looks like a back door cold front will keep the weekend in the 70's.
Prayers for all in harms way, glad to hear from some members that they are safe.

/ Good morning!!!!
#10,664  
Nice day started, 55 and going to about 80. Need to get into the garden, and clean up some stuff outside. I guess I need to make a list! Have a good one, guys!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,665  
   / Good morning!!!! #10,666  
Nice morning here, the rain cleared out overnight and warming up to around 70*F today.

Hope all the Texas folks are safe! Sounds like a pretty scary tornado.

The meeting with the district forester yesterday was good. She helped me decide between two potential pasture areas I had been dithering over. And, she says there is plenty of wood volume there to make the harvest doable. So, yesterday afternoon I flagged out the area that would be clear cut. I'm guessing 15-20 acres in size. Next step is to call some of the foresters she recommended in the area.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,667  
good morning its another lovely morning 64 degrees light breeze and getting up to 76.it done get much better than this.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,668  
Wicked storms came through yesterday. Tornadoes came through within 30 miles of me, doing lots of damage. I was lucky, all I had was nickel sized hail. 17 miles to the west of me, had grapefruit sized hail. Only good news, I got some rain. I have a leaking window, and will see how things look on the rest of the property, when the sun comes up.

Until then, all one can do is drink coffee and wait.

What kind of damage does that size hail do to things like cars and houses?

/ Good morning!!!! #10,669  

Mucho. It will absolutely destroy both. I have had golf ball size break windows. Softball size will leave large dents in hoods and trunks, break car windows, and severely damage shingles. Roof replacement is usually required after these events. The good news is you can get some good deals on new cars (If you're not too concerned about appearances).

/ Good morning!!!! #10,670  

Are you asking about nickel size or grapefruit size? Nickle size does really very little but can beat up garden plants if there is enough of it. Grapefruit size makes 'fruit salad' of everything in its path: houses, trees, cars, etc. A typical grapefruit sized hail stone is filled with points and rough. If one hits you anywhere, its like being shot with a cannonball.:eek:

We really didn't have any severe problems last night. Outflow wind gusts were high at times, but nothing severe. I could see my garden getting well watered. I got 2.6" and I need to put on my irrigation boots and go check things out. My two Canadian Geese visitors were here this morning as usual for a grass and corn snack at the deer feeder.:)