Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #10,681  
48 degrees and looking at a sunny day with temps close to 70!
Was able to use the Howard tiller yesterday afternoon, nice to have it up and running again.
Back to finishing up the yard trimming this morning, I’m starting to believe in plant food not yards

/ Good morning!!!! #10,682  
62 degrees this morning with 60 percent chance of storms today. Daugen my best luck with yards is lighter feedings of grass in spring and summer heavier feedings in fall and aerating in fall then over seeding

/ Good morning!!!! #10,683  
thanks Buppies,
I think "light" is the operative word around here for a while.
It's hard for me to do aeration, full lawn sprinklers.

Even dethatching is a challenge, though
we hardly ever leave the sprinkler system on for extended periods. I think it's better to water heavily once a week
vs. watering lightly every night. We've gotten some interesting lawn mold from doing the latter.
Just have to figure out what works best.

Our property is overplanted, a gardener's wet dream, my wife's hobby, and I finally put in the
sprinkler system out of desperation. We were going to our boat in the Chesapeake each weekend and before we could leave I had to spend an hour at least watering everything. Nuts. I figure the extra water costs us about two hundred dollars a year, we're on public water. If that keeps my wife happy and me not with a hose in my hand, marvelous. And since we also have a five thousand square foot remote garden to water, well I really can appreciate the sprinkler system now, and a nice rain every four days please.

When I finally wind up on my retirement farmette, and escape suburbia, (I do all my farming activity on a friends farm nearby),
I've been eyeing pulverizers and overseeders and all kinds of neat powered machinery.
Right now all I've got is one mp.

I have to mow at least twice a week for months in the Spring, and if we keep watering and fertilizing, it hardly slows down until August.
Frankly I'd much prefer to mow once a week...but that isn't going to happen as long as we have neighbors who mow twice a week.
To me one of the real joys of privacy is no longer keeping up with the Joneses' lawns.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,684  
I have a pull behind aerator and with under ground sprinklers just flagged them first. The aerator is a Ryan 38 in and now pull it around with four wheeler as sold garden tractor long ago. If you fertilize in fall late August then again in November yard will be awesome in spring just probably will be mowing in December. The Ryan unit can be rented at Sunbelt Rentals. I like to use 29-3-12 fertilizer in fall brand name Par-Ex

/ Good morning!!!! #10,685  
daugen love a beautiful yard with lots of plantings and I am sure yours is fabulous. Keeping up with the Jones is to funny reminds me of cartoon where husband and wife sitting in house in summer 90s outside windows closed no ac wife says do you think the Jones think we have ac to with sweat pouring off of them

/ Good morning!!!! #10,686  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 48° with clouds this morning. Heading to 69° with a shower or 2 this afternoon. Wife wants to do some garage sales this morning. That should make me rest in the afternoon when it may rain.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,687  
good morning 51 degrees headed to upper 70's with thunder storms. hope i get mowing done before that happens. everyone have a great day.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,688  
50*F and overcast. Supposed to be sunny later and high around 65*F.

Should be a good day to trim beech branches along the trails. The darn stuff can grow horizontally straight across 10 feet and unlike most trees, it doesn't care how low on the trunk it grows.

Have a good one ... and try to avoid getting trapped into lawn slavery. :laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #10,689  
Lawn and garden slavery today...the garden needs to be finished and I've got to spend a few hours on that. Lawn is lush and tall and so thick that if I don't get on it soon I'll be in trouble. On top of that, the dog wants a ride in the truck so I might take her to look at some farm equipment at a local dealer. She doesn't care where she goes as long as she goes. Also need to visit two neighbors--one very sick and one recovering from surgery. Busy day.
Hope all is well with others here.

/ Good morning!!!! #10,690  
Good Morning! 74˚ reaching 91˚ this afternoon, cloudy skies. I bought a 8" BH bucket to dig out mesquite and I get to try it out for the first time today, yea!

I will see if half the bucket size will give me twice the digging power or if I should have gone to engineering school.

I ordered the BH bucket off my wife's iPhone when I was holding her purse when she was being sewed up in the ER. That doesn't make me a bad person, does it?