Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #12,261  
good evening well I got soaked this evening trying to get the grass mowed, I did get done but had to take 2 breaks cause of rain. saterday is the wife's birthday time for another happy meal but I think I have cut my expence for this occasion. I was helping a friend in town and stop by micky d's and get me a coffee so they know me now well enough I think I can just ask them if they will give me a toy that goes in the happy meal and that will save me some cash. after all she's only concerned about the toy. hope this work's if not my wallet and my stomach will suffer:cool2:

/ Good morning!!!! #12,262  
Birds are really something.

We almost always feed our dogs outside in the morning. Back when we had 5/6, the older 4 out back, the younger 2 out front. Being as spoiled as they are, they usually manage to knock some out of their bowls or plates and rarely clean it all up. The birds, mynas and doves mostly, would clean up. After rehoming the young ones in May, we continued feeding the older ones out back. We soon noticed that the birds out front were upset. The mynas soon discovered the bowl of dry dog food just inside the exercise room on the front side of the house. A couple days later, a big commotion, apparently two hungry mynas had decided to serve themselves and were flying around inside the master suite. With all the doors open, they soon escaped.

Days we have late breakfast, we notice the birds hanging around out back, sometimes very noisily awaiting their breakfast.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #12,263  
We got through the service this morning with only a few sprinkles. The local VFW provided the Honor Guard. The lady blowing taps on the trumpet did a really good job. That is a really sad tune. It brings back memories of all the service men you have seen laid to rest. I found out Steve was only 59, but he had been in Nam. He must have just got the tail end of it.

IMG_1826_zps5222406f.jpg

After all my mowing, they put Steve back in the pines. I will trim the oaks and do some bush hogging. Pretty soon I will have it looking good.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,264  
We got through the service this morning with only a few sprinkles. The local VFW provided the Honor Guard. The lady blowing taps on the trumpet did a really good job. That is a really sad tune. It brings back memories of all the service men you have seen laid to rest. I found out Steve was only 59, but he had been in Nam. He must have just got the tail end of it.

IMG_1826_zps5222406f.jpg

After all my mowing, they put Steve back in the pines. I will trim the oaks and do some bush hogging. Pretty soon I will have it looking good.
Heard it played for my dad, Christmas Eve 1964, sad indeed.
As for only being 59, I'm 60 and was there in 1971, our war ended there in 1975. I will be 61 next month. He could have been there anytime between '71-'75.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,265  
Rest in peace, Steve

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #12,266  
Coffee is brewing. 59° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 84° with lots of sun all day. Got all the retaining wall back filled yesterday. Need to level out before I put week barrier and mulch down. Going to work on this a little at a time each morning. Not much going to get done next few days. Got friends visiting from CO.
Larry, heartfelt condolences to Steve's family and friends.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,267  
Slept in until 0530, then I layed there like a slug trying to go back to sleep until 0600.

No idea what the weather is doing.

Have a good Saturday!

Be Well & God Bless,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #12,268  
Nice morning here today, surpised to see farmers in my area harvesting wheat. With all the rain we had, I thought they would not be able to get in the fields. Drainage tiles must be working good.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,269  
2013-07-13, 0730

58 right now and a high of 82 predicted. Like yesterday, no rain and lower humidity in the forecast.

Wife is going with her sister to Warren NH. They both lived in Warren for a time and it's Warren's 250th anniversary. That means it just the dog and I home today. The lawn needs mowing, but I really hate to leave the dog inside alone.... Well, I'll figure out something.

Our home is nested between the White River and VT RT 12. The pictures below show the field we own (not all of it...some of the brush is too thick for the cutter so I haven't seen our river front yet) as well as one side and the front lawn.

Shed_from the field.jpgShed from the field_a.jpgMeadow along the creek.jpgLawn in Front of House.jpgLawn betwen house and Rt 12.jpgField_Toward the Shed.jpgField toward the White River.jpgCutter.jpgCreek.jpgShed.jpg

There's a lot of silt on that field....washed in when Hurricane Irene hit Vermont a few years ago. It's my understanding, the field was under water. The silt is pretty rutted as a result of the water retreating after the hurricane. Good thing is, the silt is pretty easy to dig so I can fill in the ruts...or at least smooth it out a bit.
As far as clearing to the river...that will probably have to wait until later winter or early spring 2014. It's pretty thick and I don't want to go plunging in there until I know what's on the other side.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #12,270  
good morning looks like maby a break coming in the weather this next week I sure hope so. everyone have a great day. Larry glad you got thru the service without rain sorry for your lose.