Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #12,451  
I jotted down clear, 75 with 91% humidity as I booted up. Got a cup of coffee and read the last few posts on the thread, and it has already changed to 77 with 89% humidity. Forecast is for 93 and a 20% chance of rain. We got out right at sunset yesterday to pick the peppers. So hot and muggy we were soaked by the time we finished with thirty two pepper plants. Anyone working outside today stay safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,452  
Repeat of yesterday in this area. Here - hazy, hot, humid, heat indexes pushing past 101.

Fingers crossed for me, lots of inspections today. Tax person ALREADY came out. I am finding more issues with my county and records department. But that is for another post....

Have a good day all! Stay cool. Oh, had to return an AC/heat unit last night. Didn't work out of the box, MD and VA are out of them, no more stock. Had to take a floor model with discount. Amazing, out of stock, and I noticed patio furniture was moving out of stock as well. Crazy cycle stores keep.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,453  
I think when you are active and out in it all of the time, you acclimate more. We really have bocome spoiled to our modern conveniences. (Yes, myself included here!)

If one was used to being in the fields all day, being under a tree's shade, with a breeze was almost like A/C. Kitchens were not placed in the center of the house, and were sometimes separated by a breeeway, so it would not heat the rest of the house further, when meals were cooked.

I can handle the heat, fairly well, even in the barns, but cold, that sends me looking for a warm fire in the fireplace!

Look at it this way: If it's cold, you can pile on more layers of clothing, but when it's hot, you can take everything off (there's a suggestion for you) and still be uncomfortably hot.....

/ Good morning!!!! #12,454  
Look at it this way: If it's cold, you can pile on more layers of clothing, but when it's hot, you can take everything off (there's a suggestion for you) and still be uncomfortably hot.....
Doesn't stop you trying though, does it Bill? :laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #12,455  
mowed the lawn late this morning, came in feeling overheated and light headed from the heat, plus wearing the stupid collar, and
took it off, drank my favorite diet peach Snapple, had some lunch, a small bowl of ice cream for some energy, and felt all better. Pretty nasty out there.
So the afternoon will be spent inside.

and as far as a warm fire in the fireplace, let me be the first, sorry guys..:D., to invite you to sit in front of my fireplace.
Nothing like the a/c going and a warm fire. :thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #12,456  
69F, .21 inches rain since midnight, sun out, rain over the ocean. Hoping for a nice day

Spent too many hours of yesterday at the Toyota dealer getting Tundra serviced and software upgraded
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #12,457  
When it's this hot and humid, I have found that I can work outside from daybreak to maybe 10 AM and then take a nap or work inside from that time until maybe 4 PM. Then I can head outside again and have a collectively full day around the place working outside without being exhausted in the process. Works for me and that's what is on tap for today.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,458  
Forgot to log in this morning. I was up until 1am watching "The Hobbit." What a beautiful movie... So at 5:30 I wok up and went back to bed for another hour.

Wife just alerted me that on the LX266 the pulley on the 42C deck (the one to power the mower blades) broke and the mower blades won't spin.

Seems I get to go out to my property to fix the mower again...

Be well all.

PS - I will be in St Louis Monday/Tuesday again (Flying home Tue evening).

Be well & God Bless,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #12,459  
016.jpg048.jpg

I have never grown banana cantaloupes before, so not sure if this one is ripe or not. The color has changed and it thumps different, so I went ahead and clipped it. It weighs 8.4 lbs. We will cut it tonight.

Everyone has seen cukes growing on a fence, but have any of you ever seen melons grown that way? We will see how long until certain laws [like gravity] take over.

036.jpg033.jpg

Mowed the front yard. Thought about the back yard, but it is hot as Hades out there. 90 with a heat index of 103. The back yard will have to wait until later.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,460  
Good afternoon all. 77 @7AM this morning on the way to golf course, high 94 HI 101F and sunny. Got mowing done yesterday except for trim will go out in an hour or so and power-wash parking area and trim m (weed whack and push mow) till dinner.