Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #12,861  
Irritating neighbor's - the county did a really nice job grading and smoothing out the road that runs by my house this morning. One of my mouth breathing, red neck, hillbilly neighbor's is currently running his 4x4 truck up and down the road, doing hole shots, skidding sideways, and in general tearing up the road. Just for his version of "fun". Then the same idiot complains about "the lazy goobermint guys never take care of the road". I swear, if some folks were stupid, it would be a step up. He hit a deer in front of my house last year, tore up some of my shrubs in the process, and left the dead carcass in my yard. Sorry for the rant. Rained pretty much all day here.

I'd be tempted to video his antics and pass on to the road department.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #12,862  
2013-07-31, 2105

Boy...bummer day!!

The Vermont operations (Bethel and Randolph) had a major layoff (Reduction in force) today and I was one of the unlucky persons who bit the bullet. Frankly, it wasn't a big big surprise and I had been keeping my eyes open for other work for about a month now.
I have no bad feelings about the layoff...it's really a survival situation for the company. However, that doesn't pay my bills.
Well, at least there won't be any 0330 wake up calls anymore...for a while anyway.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,863  
Got in from Panama a couple of hours ago. Had to carry Mamma for her pre-op. She is having a pacemaker put in next Tuesday. The doctor asked her which side she shot her shotgun from. He was joking, but just a couple of weeks ago she killed a dog for her niece. At 85 she had trouble dragging it off, but no trouble pulling the trigger.

We drove through seven or eight heavy bands of rain going down. [about 1330-1400] But only had sprinkles on the way home.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,864  
2013-07-31, 2105

Boy...bummer day!!

The Vermont operations (Bethel and Randolph) had a major layoff (Reduction in force) today and I was one of the unlucky persons who bit the bullet. Frankly, it wasn't a big big surprise and I had been keeping my eyes open for other work for about a month now.
I have no bad feelings about the layoff...it's really a survival situation for the company. However, that doesn't pay my bills.
Well, at least there won't be any 0330 wake up calls anymore...for a while anyway.

Roy sorry about getting laid off but am sure you will rebound nicely and this will only be a small bump in the road

/ Good morning!!!! #12,865  
Major Bummer, Roy.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,866  
Sorry to hear about the lay off Roy. Hope you find something soon. The folks in Washington talk like unemployment payments are the gravy train. I would like to see them live on it for a few months.

The company my sister works for cut everyone back to 35 hours per week about a year ago. They still had to lay off a few folks. She is in the plant and flower business. When times are hard, people don't buy plants.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,867  
Drizzling rain here, currently 68 degrees. Been getting cukes and green peppers from the garden a few at a time, worst year for gardening I can ever recall and I have been doing that since '94. Left wrist is currently heavily wrapped in a splint to prevent bending the joint, old age finally caught up with me. That old f**t toppop52 will say my injury is from spanking the monkey but we all know he is full of it, right? The real cause is from running my chain saw so frequently. Today I am sitting indoors staring at a screen and I am screamingly bored....

Bored = monkey business.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #12,868  
The special one from the roadrunner car as I recall but memory is fading due to old age and not having seen one in a while

My '68 GTX had a Road Runner horn, it went meep meep and the Petty Enterprises Hemi went like a bat outtahell! :D

/ Good morning!!!! #12,869  
Major Bummer, Roy.

Thanks for the sentiments, folks...

Even before we moved to VT, I was somewhat concerned about the company...I mean, how many cast iron stoves can people want? It's not like those stoves are going to wear out or be replaced in a year or so...more like 30-40 years.
But, the company did pay for our move and I can't complain. I do wish them the very best.
We were told there would be a recall in October...frankly, I think that is extremely unlikely.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,870  
Roy, even many years ago, I'm talking 1930's-40's, my grandfather and 2-3 sons worked in a stove foundry. It was not unusual for them to work into the summer long enough to stockpile for the fall, then start back in late fall. I hope that's your case.