Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #1,291  
Never again do I get caught up in a conversation with my Grandfather and Step-Grandmother!

Both my mother and I went over to their house at about 1PM today on our bicycles as it was a nice sunny day, and it was only after hours of sitting talking that I realised it was 4:30 and it was getting dark!

We got about half way down the main road from their cottage before it got almost 100% pitch dark.

No, we don't have lights on our bikes, as we never go out in the dark usually.

Anyway, we managed the 4 miles home in pitch dark with no lights, but my hands got so cold I literally couldn't feel them nor brake, so I was darn glad to get in the house and crank up the fire in the living room for some heat.

Never, never again.

I think I may buy some lights for the bikes now though just in case that happens again.

On the bright side, I did manage to eat a slice of home made ginger cake while we were there, which tasted extremely good.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,292  
01-14-2012 Currently 39 degrees. It was 25 degrees when I started working this morning. Another late posting. I've been clearing vines down along the creek.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,294  
Thanks guys, been living here for 28 years. I've been cleaning and throwing out since Thanksgiving. I've hauled 8-10 12' trailer loads of trash so far and at least a couple to go. I woke up with gout in my left foot so I'm popping Prednasone and hoping for the best. Short on help as well. But I suppose it will get done.

Sir,

If you Lived closer me, my F-150, and my 12x5 flatbed trailer would have been there to help.

I hope it went OK, and that the gout did not pain you overmuch.

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #1,295  
23 at 0445, heat pump ran half the night. Wife and I both had restess seep full of dreams about stuff we just HAD TO DO NOW panic... I wonder where those came from...

I need to drop some extra hay off with the horses because due to Church they will miss their regular feeding time this morning. I am certain the birds water will all be frozen again. Looks like we've lost 3 guineas in just over 24 hours which stinks. On Friday afternoon, one was attacked, one fell into the big pond 2 feet away and drowned, and one vanished yesterday.

I really need to finish the chicken shack project (converting an old ramshackle wood shed into a chicken shack) so I can run electricity to the birds and add their heated waterer.

But I have SO MANY projects...
But Projects are GOOD! they keep me active and feeling younger!

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #1,296  
First cup of coffee is in the cup. 61 degrees this morning. Headed to 73 and maybe some rain. In 2 weeks every has turned from lush green to brown dust. Hope we get some of the forecast rain that is on the weather report.
Going to layback and enjoy some more TX weather.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,297  
Been having lots of trouble with Safari this morning... keeps "unexpectedly quitting..." Anyway, it's on now.

OK, WHICH ONE OF OUR CANADIAN NEIGHBORS LEFT THE DOOR OPEN LAST NIGHT???:laughing:

Man, is it COLD here this AM! I'm showing almost 8 below zero, with a nice breeze out of the north. Gonna be a cold one today, for sure!

/ Good morning!!!! #1,298  
Never again do I get caught up in a conversation with my Grandfather and Step-Grandmother!

Both my mother and I went over to their house at about 1PM today on our bicycles as it was a nice sunny day, and it was only after hours of sitting talking that I realised it was 4:30 and it was getting dark!

We got about half way down the main road from their cottage before it got almost 100% pitch dark.

No, we don't have lights on our bikes, as we never go out in the dark usually.

Anyway, we managed the 4 miles home in pitch dark with no lights, but my hands got so cold I literally couldn't feel them nor brake, so I was darn glad to get in the house and crank up the fire in the living room for some heat.

Never, never again.

I think I may buy some lights for the bikes now though just in case that happens again.

On the bright side, I did manage to eat a slice of home made ginger cake while we were there, which tasted extremely good.

Well...they don't help you to see but I hope your bikes at least had reflectors.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,299  
-9F not cold in the sky could be bright day..type of day to watch little football or ice fish.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,300  
Yet another sunny morning!

Only bad bit is it is 2 Celsius below!

Darn...

Edit - 1300th post, wow! This thread is getting big...