Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #13,261  
The 5AM crowd in Northern VA is most suspect. I doubt they are the "self important" types at this time of the day. Those come out later! :)

I just checked and this AM's mishap is still there. I was again fortunate enough to just get by. And I "retired" last year, and yet I still come into DC. I think there is a message in these incidents for me.....

From the WasPo.

"A pedestrian was struck and killed on Interstate 66 at U.S. 50, authorities in Fairfax County said early Tuesday."

Prayers.

It was a hit and run. I hope they get the person who did this. I can never understand hit and run.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,262  
Now Toppop, you sure know that if you go far enough East of the Capital, you come to the Eastern Shore and there heaven
begins. life on the Choptank is where it's at. Always wanted a farm on the shores of the Chesapeake, and never will be able to afford it. Even better, a farm on a river, just like the one I grew up on. Except smaller, and quieter and ever so peaceful. Hold that thought.

My older brother has a farm in Delaplane, after he downsized from a bigger place in Middleburg. Beautiful country, endless white fences, stone fences, and smooth roads. He's been trying to sell his place, now at cost, for several years and is highly discouraged by how far real estate has dropped in that area. He just wants to retire and downsize and get out of mowing acres and acres of grass. Both my older brothers are still working, as an accountant and a lawyer, and I'm retired. Happily. I'm not sure they know how to retire. Each to his own, I'd rather have less money and more freedom.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,263  
2013-08-13, 0820

57 right now and a high of 73 predicted. It was spitting rain when I was outside about an hour ago. The forecast is calling for 80% probability of rain and I think they're right...
Well, the lawn and other outdoor activities are completed. We still have some indoor stuff and unpacking from the move from PA. Might be a good day for that...

/ Good morning!!!! #13,264  
Now Toppop, you sure know that if you go far enough East of the Capital, you come to the Eastern Shore and there heaven
begins. life on the Choptank is where it's at. Always wanted a farm on the shores of the Chesapeake, and never will be able to afford it. Even better, a farm on a river, just like the one I grew up on. Except smaller, and quieter and ever so peaceful. Hold that thought.

My older brother has a farm in Delaplane, after he downsized from a bigger place in Middleburg. Beautiful country, endless white fences, stone fences, and smooth roads. He's been trying to sell his place, now at cost, for several years and is highly discouraged by how far real estate has dropped in that area. He just wants to retire and downsize and get out of mowing acres and acres of grass. Both my older brothers are still working, as an accountant and a lawyer, and I'm retired. Happily. I'm not sure they know how to retire. Each to his own, I'd rather have less money and more freedom.
Delaplane is there in what I call, French trapper territory. There are a bunch of French named towns right around there. It is pretty country.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,265  
Delaplane is there in what I call, French trapper territory. There are a bunch of French named towns right around there. It is pretty country.

Delaplane! Middleburg! We view them as high $$$ areas.

Beautiful area I am in. I give thanks for that.

Is POURING now.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,266  
The 5AM crowd in Northern VA is most suspect. I doubt they are the "self important" types at this time of the day. Those come out later! :)

I just checked and this AM's mishap is still there. I was again fortunate enough to just get by. And I "retired" last year, and yet I still come into DC. I think there is a message in these incidents for me.....

They sure have made a mess of 95 with the hot lane construction. Glad you're okay.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,267  
Hey! Good morning, thanks for the well wishes on my traffic incident yesterday. I am fortunate! A slight bump sent me across two lanes! In an instant. Called the company, they said get two estimates. I looked hard last night, before the sun went down, and I have a lot of scratches, the mirror is gashed (but not broken) and the rear (driver side) back seat passenger door plastic is toast. Must have got me with his tire right over my rear.

This AM, I just went through another closure right on the same route. One lane getting by, a lot (more than three fire trucks responded). That will make life miserable for those commuters the rest of the day. Be careful out there!

Last night I finsihed my painting, today the wife gets to have the fun job of removing the blue tape. I always like doing that. :) It is rewarding to see the fruits of your efforts. We added a 12X40 foot building, replacing our 100 year old 8X40 foot chicken coop. It will be a party house overlooking the back 40.

Boomers moving through today, mid 80's. After the "flood watch" type rain expected, the weather people are saying get ready for - awesome.

Have a great day everyone!
riptides glad you were not hurt. the traffic up there is awful I always dreaded going thru there in a big truck. got a funny for you. I have family who lives in springfield they did live in alexander, they come to vist 3 or 4 times a year well she had never been in this part of the country when this happened it's been about 6 or 7 years ago. my uncle had just passed away and they were coming to take care ofsome business, at that time they were paving our road and they were using the pilot truck deal where you wait at the stop sign wait on the truck and it leads you thru. well she is in a hurry so she runs up on the guy with the stop sign and she ask whats the problem? he replies you have to wait on the pilot truck and she says I don't need a pilot truck I know where i'm going, he says you got to wait she says no I don't and she takes off on the new hot pavement and proceeds. she made it thru but I could not belive she did it. she said I have never seen a pilot truck where I live they have message boards that tell you what lanes are going to be closed on what days. we still kid her about the pilot truck. I talked to some of the paving crew and they said that was first time they ever seen that.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,268  
pouring here too. Six inches in some spots, widespread road flooding.
Should blow through NJ by this afternoon.
well at least the suburban is getting a nice wash job and a little relief from the birds that live
in the tree above. Or perhaps just those that dine there. or...

/ Good morning!!!! #13,269  
Morning all. Sunny, 79 with 95% humidity. Forecast for a high of 91 with 60% chance of rain. There was no rain yesterday. Maybe a couple more days and my grass will slow down.

I feel for all of you with bad traffic. My work is 13.7 miles from home, and it takes me 20 minutes. Fifteen if I'm running late. I go in at 1500, so I do catch the traffic from the new high school when they turn the kids loose for the day. If you get behind someone turning left at the stop sign, you can wait four or five minutes. The bad thing, it is almost in sight of work where this happens.

My workplace is a polling place, and we have the Blountstown city election today. So no regular customers, just the pollworkers and voters. These off year elections always have a low turnout, so I know it will be a long day for them.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,270  
Its a sunny but cool morning with 52 degrees topping out at 68 today.i got the yard all trimmed up yesterday.