Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #13,751  
Low 60's and drizzly rain this morning. Could be cloudy all day with a few showers. It's late enough in the summer that the feeling of fall is sneaking in on cool days.

Had a storm pass through around 5pm last night that took down a tree, which took down a power pole. The VFD call went out for traffic control which kept me out til about 8:30pm. Our power came back around 9pm in time to see the Red Sox win. All's well that ends well. :)

Good luck on getting paved Jim. I bet you won't miss the dust.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,752  
i know how you feel after 30+ years with dust from our dirt road.its over cast and 68 degrees.it feels really nice right now the humidity is down but guess its going up later with a high of 84.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,753  
Good morning. 0830, sunny, 76* with 88% humidity. Forecast high of 95 with no chance of rain. I have internet this morning. Wahoooo!!!

Drew, it is good that your uncle remembered the local library. My county library is right beside my work. Until I started writing myself, I was in there almost everyday. Half of the upstairs in our house is a library, and it is not big enough to hold all my books. Anytime I go to the thrift stores, I have to cull something to make room for the new books. I take the culls to the library or one of the Christian thrift stores in our area.

A while back I posted Margie's low sugar pie recipe at http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/288289-whats-supper-5.html. But I will go ahead and cut and paste it here. I really like this pie. The blueberry and strawberry are my favorites. The only sugars or carbs are in the yogurt, pie shell and fruit.

Here is her recipe for the pie.

Blueberry Low Fat {or low sugar} Pie
1 graham cracker crust (large size)
1 package sugar free berry blue jello gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 tub fat-free {or sugar free} whipped topping 8oz
2 blue berry light yogurt (6oz cups)
Instructions:
Boil the water. In a large bowl, mix the gelatin and boiling water until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in both cups of yogurt (a whisk works best) then add in the whipped topping. Spread into your graham cracker crust and refrigerate for approximately 2 hours.

Comments:

We add fresh blueberries

We have made three pies at once by using 3 small pie crusts instead of 1 large, 16 ounces of fat-free whipped topping and 3 blueberry yogurt, 1 package berry blue gelatin and 1/4 cup water.

We also freeze ours and remove about thirty minutes before serving.

The possibilities are endless just substitute your favorite gelatin and yogurt flavors!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #13,754  
69F, .31 inches since midnight, sun shining.

Will assemble last garage door today even though cannot mount functionally.
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #13,755  
Good morning. 0830, sunny, 76* with 88% humidity. Forecast high of 95 with no chance of rain. I have internet this morning. Wahoooo!!!

Drew, it is good that your uncle remembered the local library. My county library is right beside my work. Until I started writing myself, I was in there almost everyday. Half of the upstairs in our house is a library, and it is not big enough to hold all my books. Anytime I go to the thrift stores, I have to cull something to make room for the new books. I take the culls to the library or one of the Christian thrift stores in our area.

A while back I posted Margie's low sugar pie recipe at http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/288289-whats-supper-5.html. But I will go ahead and cut and paste it here. I really like this pie. The blueberry and strawberry are my favorites. The only sugars or carbs are in the yogurt, pie shell and fruit.

Here is her recipe for the pie.

Blueberry Low Fat {or low sugar} Pie
1 graham cracker crust (large size)
1 package sugar free berry blue jello gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 tub fat-free {or sugar free} whipped topping 8oz
2 blue berry light yogurt (6oz cups)
Instructions:
Boil the water. In a large bowl, mix the gelatin and boiling water until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in both cups of yogurt (a whisk works best) then add in the whipped topping. Spread into your graham cracker crust and refrigerate for approximately 2 hours.

Comments:

We add fresh blueberries

We have made three pies at once by using 3 small pie crusts instead of 1 large, 16 ounces of fat-free whipped topping and 3 blueberry yogurt, 1 package berry blue gelatin and 1/4 cup water.

We also freeze ours and remove about thirty minutes before serving.

The possibilities are endless just substitute your favorite gelatin and yogurt flavors!!!

My wife uses the same recipe or real close.....try substituing Jello instant pudding instead of the Jello gealitin...It is a smoother version

/ Good morning!!!! #13,756  
My wife uses the same recipe or real close.....try substituing Jello instant pudding instead of the Jello gealitin...It is a smoother version

Thanks. We will give it a try. I had a late breakfast, and we are planning on an early supper, so I'm having a slice of the blueberry pie right now. The hardest part is waiting for it to thaw to where you get the best taste. I have found a few seconds in the nuker will work if you just can't wait.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,757  
Thanks. We will give it a try. I had a late breakfast, and we are planning on an early supper, so I'm having a slice of the blueberry pie right now. The hardest part is waiting for it to thaw to where you get the best taste. I have found a few seconds in the nuker will work if you just can't wait.

The pie is so good , refreshing and light...and I don't gain an ounce from eating it....& yeah nuking a piece on defrost for a few seconds helps...:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #13,759  
Randy, we have done both of those and they turned out well. In fact, the only one that didn't was watermelon. And I think that was due to the amount of water in the fresh melon. It froze super hard and wasn't very easy to eat.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,760  
Randy, we have done both of those and they turned out well. In fact, the only one that didn't was watermelon. And I think that was due to the amount of water in the fresh melon. It froze super hard and wasn't very easy to eat.

That is what is most fun with the recipe....you can get real inventive....you can use any thing as a filling...and look at all the yogurt , pudding and jello flavors....we let our imagination go wild...very fun and delicious recipe..:thumbsup: