Page 1384 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 38488412841334137413811382138313841385138613871394143414841884 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,840 of 21033
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

Yesterday was GREAT!

I got some SEAT TIME!!!! (see the seat time thread). I moved around the "base layer" bales from where I was storing hay for the horses in order to make more room for my tractor attachments. I dropped the stump grinder on a pallett, and the bucket, tooth bar, and ratchet rake, picked up the bushhog and grapple. I need to make a place for the PHD. But it was awesome driving the tractor around and doing dirty stuff.

Then I took the big girls bowling. we were terrible but it was sure fun.

I also moved one Harley to my new residence, and the other to the shop for a new front tire and safety inspection. I got the truck inspected, which included a $250 adjustment to the E-Brake which has NEVER worked perfectly since they replaced the nerf bars due to getting sideswiped.

I think maybe it is really time to think about changing my truck out...

Today after church I will get my youngest, and again all day tomorrow. WOO HOO!

side note - Yesterday while at the ranch tractoring. I was very respectful, but never sked permission to be there. I did not go in the house, I did not bug her. I did play with my youngest on the swing, and hug and chat with her. I worked in the barn and away from the house, with a buddy (who did all the interfacing with my wife. But man-oh-man did she seem irritated I was there...

Be well & God Bless all!
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

On the AC capacitor issue.

If you can work on your own tractor. If you can replace an electrical wall socket or light switch. If you have the sense to turn off the electric to the unit before working on it.

Then it is as easy as pie and you should stock a handful of caps.

If not, then not.

Be safe,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Shooz View Post
    Hey six, if you had the old VW with a failed starter motor you simply jacked up a rear wheel, put it in 3rd gear, firmly grasped the wheel and spun it. The trick was to remember to put it out of gear before you dropped it off the jack. Now when the clutch cable broke changing gear, up or down, without the clutch was ok but getting it moving in the first place was an art. You had to unload the passengers, put it in 1st and crank the starter. The old 6 volt system wasn't up to much so you only got one shot at it. The passengers had to jump back in as you idled down the road. I had a lot of experience with both of these practices.
    Very impressive. You tell this to a kid today and they have no idea of the struggle some of this was and the creativity required to survive and simply get from point A to point B when we were flat broke.

When I was a kid, a friend had a Kaiser that you had to remove the air cleaner to prime the carb with gas before it would start. Made a nice impression on a first date.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

2013-09-01, 0644

66 right now, high of 77 predicted.
    Got some rain yesterday...more today.

Downloaded a few old movies yesterday...the original British version of "The Woman in Black" from 1989, "Rocketship X-M" and a few others. If you like ghost stories, you'll like "The Woman in Black".
    Also, some Dave Brubek jazz ("Take 5" is a great one!) and Alanis Morissette.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Very impressive. You tell this to a kid today and they have no idea of the struggle some of this was and the creativity required to survive and simply get from point A to point B when we were flat broke.

But was it really a struggle? It would seem so to go back and do that today, but back then, it was just what we did.

When I was a kid, a friend had a Kaiser that you had to remove the air cleaner to prime the carb with gas before it would start. Made a nice impression on a first date.
    I've seen cars like that!

Like the song says, "If you've never had filet mignon, Peanut Butter tastes just fine!"
    Last edited by farmgirl19; 09-01-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: typo
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

If you're going to climb in the saddle, better be ready for the ride!

"If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!" - Dolly Parton

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Poured second cup of coffee. 67 with clouds this morning. Heading to 83 with afternoon showers. Sister showed up yesterday. Stayed up way to late visiting. Hasn't seen her in 3 years. Going to do family visits today.
    Drew, flat was because I had low pressure in tire. Lifted a heavy load. This pinched tube and cause a leak. Note self. Check tire pressure more often.
    Good Morning All.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I've seen cars like that!

Like the song says, :If you've never had filet mignon, Peanut Butter tastes just fine!"

There's an old Maine joke about the Mainer that goes to Texas to visit his prosperous brother-in-law.
    The Texan can't stop boasting about how big his spread is and he finally remarks "Why it takes me two days just to drive around the outside edges".
    The Mainer thinks for a moment and says "Well, I've got a cah (car) like that myself".

People in the rest of the world won't get it but in Maine it was hilarious.
    What do I know? I came for the O ring advice and stayed for the pizza and comic relief.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    There's an old Maine joke about the Mainer that goes to Texas to visit his prosperous brother-in-law.
    The Texan can't stop boasting about how big his spread is and he finally remarks "Why it takes me two days just to drive around the outside edges".
    The Mainer thinks for a moment and says "Well, I've got a cah (car) like that myself".

People in the rest of the world won't get it but in Maine it was hilarious.
    What do I know? I came for the O ring advice and stayed for the pizza and comic relief.
    That's funny! I'm also glad that you like "pizza and comic relief"!

We have a saying in Texas, and yes it is true. "We have ranches bigger than the state of Rhode Island!"
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

I've got wrenches bigger than Rhode Island!

Sitting here with both grandsons watching a Carolina sunrise, no better is there.
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it!

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by toppop52 View Post

Sitting here with both grandsons watching a Carolina sunrise, no better is there.
    Enjoy every minute of it, toppop! It is what life is about! (Not to mention how quickly they will grow up.)

Page 1384 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 38488412841334137413811382138313841385138613871394143414841884 ... LastLast