Page 1494 of 2317 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414911492149314941495149614971504154415941994 ... LastLast
Results 14,931 to 14,940 of 23165
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Default Re: Good morning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodamo View Post
    Most likely I'd make the exception and take a check from a fellow TBNer

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    I wouldn't even ask such a thing...as much as we communicate on TBN, we don't really know each other (although I do know quite a few TBNers have met face to face and would probably be willing to take a check).
    I hadn't met this individual (except on TBN and one other forum). Anyway, he was quite understanding...although I felt very foolish.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota

Good Afternoon. 1500, light rain, 73* with 93% humidity. Forecast high of 86* with 60% chance of rain. TD Karen died a slow lingering death down in the Gulf. So far today we have got a little over half an inch of rain from her remnants. I had a late start at work today. That, along with the work leftover from last night's wedding means we will have to watch the race from the DVR when I get in tonight. {so no one tell me who wins}

Roy, cases like you ran into is why Margie makes sure we always have a few hundred in emergency $$. Also she never lets her gas tank get far below a half. The thing around here is storms putting trees on power lines, thus cutting off the electricity. With no juice, there is no gas to be had and credit cards won't work. It doesn't happen often, but we have been almost a week with no lights before.

Larro

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Good evening all. 48F for a start and 59F for a high with .1 in rain last night. No more rain in forecast so same dismal dry conditions. Garage sale went ok yesterday down to 1 truck load and that is getting donated. Lazy day today and have to go to office tomorrow.

Tractor
    in-between tractors

Quote Originally Posted by Buppies View Post
    Way to go David love the attitude thinking positive will change things for the better. God bless you, be safe today and enjoy your time with the young one today. What I said yesterday was not meant to hurt only to help, others took offense glad you did not. Be safe my friend
    +1

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Good Evening All.

51* Rain moved in the last hour and tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day and night with stiff SE breezes. We need it actually, hasn't rained in a good while.

My condolences to all who are dealing with the oddball weather around the country. Snow, tornadoes and floods. Yuck. Our weather has been odd too, but in a painless way.

The skunks have been digging in the yard, I hope the dogs don't sprayed. We will turn on the lights and do a visual check before letting them out after dark until it gets colder. On the bright side, they are probably thinning out the stupid Japanese beetle grubs.

Sharon and Sira are home safe from the dog show in PA. Sira took Reserve Winner's B*tch in the open class. That is second place in the female dogs. She got beat by a six month old, which isn't quite right, but Sharon said it was a very nice pup--plus it belongs to a friend in S. Maine that is starting a kennel. It's good to see their dog do well.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

Congrats, dave! I have a friend that has gotten a lot of points going Reserve WD or WB. Happened when the WD or WB actually had been entered in the wrong class, due to a week or so of difference in age, as the puppy grew, and he person entering miscalculated, so WD or WB was disqualified.

I've never been that lucky, but a friend has gotten more points than I can count that way!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

If you're going to climb in the saddle, better be ready for the ride!

"If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!" - Dolly Parton

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Congrats, dave! I have a friend that has gotten a lot of points going Reserve WD or WB. Happened when the WD or WB actually had been entered in the wrong class, due to a week or so of difference in age, as the puppy grew, and he person entering miscalculated, so WD or WB was disqualified.

I've never been that lucky, but a friend has gotten more points than I can count that way!
    Thanks FG.

Sira is 22 months old now. For large breeds it's a bit odd for a judge to give first place to a six month old since they have a lot of development yet to do before you see their final adult form and condition. Sharon is okay with it, it's a hobby for enjoyment. If she earns lots of points that's great, if not, it's not a big deal. I don't think you will see her at Westminster.

Good Leonberger breeders like to wait until dogs are around 3 years old before committing to breeding. It gives any genetic tendencies or general health issues a chance to show up. Some of the breeders have told Sharon she ought to consider breeding Sira in the future if she continues as she is, but the jury is out on that yet. They were giving her stud recommendations at the show like matchmakers.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post

They were giving her stud recommendations at the show like matchmakers.
    Is this what we refer to as Puppy Love?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by sodamo View Post
    Most likely I'd make the exception and take a check from a fellow TBNer

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    Not me! I want cash, up front!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
    Thanks FG.

Sira is 22 months old now. For large breeds it's a bit odd for a judge to give first place to a six month old since they have a lot of development yet to do before you see their final adult form and condition. Sharon is okay with it, it's a hobby for enjoyment. If she earns lots of points that's great, if not, it's not a big deal. I don't think you will see her at Westminster.

Good Leonberger breeders like to wait until dogs are around 3 years old before committing to breeding. It gives any genetic tendencies or general health issues a chance to show up. Some of the breeders have told Sharon she ought to consider breeding Sira in the future if she continues as she is, but the jury is out on that yet. They were giving her stud recommendations at the show like matchmakers.
    dave; When a large breed is that mature looking at a young age, I have seen them fall apart physically before they get old. Just too much fast growth on legs and joints. Seen in the show horse circles, as well. I'm glad it is a fun hobby for some of us, and we don't push the dogs (or horses) for the sake of a title.

Page 1494 of 2317 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414911492149314941495149614971504154415941994 ... LastLast