Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,941  
Is this what we refer to as Puppy Love?

It's way worse than that Roy. Actually, I'm a Leonberger widower. :laughing:

Some of those breeders have been into raising dogs seriously for 30-40 years, they are well beyond minor infatuations.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,942  
dave; When a large breed is that mature looking at a young age, I have seen them fall apart physically before they get old. Just too much fast growth on legs and joints. Seen in the show horse circles, as well. I'm glad it is a fun hobby for some of us, and we don't push the dogs (or horses) for the sake of a title.

That's true. Things show up in mature/senior dogs that have been bred, that you later wish hadn't been passed along.

Our male is/was an excellent looking dog, and Sharon had a stud agreement with his breeder. She did try frozen straw AI from him once but it didn't take. Later he developed hypothyroidism, and now at age 8 years 9 months, he has a definite weakness in his hindquarters. Sharon would never use him for stud knowing that now. She had him fixed before Sira's first heat and the remaining straws have been destroyed.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,943  
It's way worse than that Roy. Actually, I'm a Leonberger widower. :laughing:

Some of those breeders have been into raising dogs seriously for 30-40 years, they are well beyond minor infatuations.

What does a Leonberger look like? Pictures maybe

/ Good morning!!!! #14,944  
What does a Leonberger look like? Pictures maybe

Here are some pics I have posted before in the Dog Pics thread under Photos. Pic#1 is Sira, Milos is the hairy one in pic#2, and with flowers in pic#3.

Sira - BIS.jpgmornings.jpgmilos.jpg

As part of my Leonberger widowhood :), Sharon webmasters this site where you can see more pics:
Photo Gallery | Leonberger Club of America

/ Good morning!!!! #14,945  
Dave, it's a good thing you live in Maine. Those dogs would overheat down here. My sister brought her Husky with her when she moved from Colorado Springs, and he had to have a Florida haircut just to get by. When he wasn't in the creek, he was laying on the AC vent.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #14,946  
65 this morning and heavy down pours for a greeting to this morning. Got all yard aerated and better than half over seeded but ran out of seed. No work today so maybe can get more seed but first going to funeral of one of wife's best friend of over 30 years lot of sadness here. This afternoon may go to Richmond to look at granite for kitchen project, then back home for a long day(six hours riding time) but we enjoy doing remodels. Have school job to go look at this morning that will be wintertime work. Good morning to all

/ Good morning!!!! #14,947  
   / Good morning!!!! #14,948  
56 and cloudy, looks like a chance of showers most of the day and later tonight!
Good day for ducks!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,949  
Got the coffee brewing. 44° with clouds and light rain this morning. Heading to 59° with rain off and on most of the day. Taking wife to hospital this morning for some test to diagnose her back pain.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,950  
Got the coffee brewing. 44° with clouds and light rain this morning. Heading to 59° with rain off and on most of the day. Taking wife to hospital this morning for some test to diagnose her back pain.
Good Morning All.

Hope everything goes well that they find out what's wrong and treat successfully