Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #15,431  
My son is a design and development engineer for Three Phoenix, in fact he is on the George H. W. Bush right now to teach the ship's crew how to use the submarine periscope detection unit he helped design and build. It detects periscopes within the wake of large ships, especially carriers. It took a bit over a year from idea to deployment, uses a basic $700 over the counter radar unit with several million dollars in development, it will only cost roughly $700,000 per unit vs most other systems that didn't work very well or at all in some cases, and cost $10,000,000 per unit. Actual cost and details are classified. Suffice it say, there will be no sneaking up on the fleet anymore by using the ship's own noise to hide.
My point for all this rambling is that high tech is more centered in Northern VA, central NC and Texas, than in CA.

52 this morning with a high of 68 and rain tonight.

I started physical therapy for my sciatica yesterday, it felt much better last night, but I'm sore as heck today.

While I'm rambling, anyone seen a unicorn lately?:D

anyone seen a unicorn lately?

Randy I saw one this Morning.....beautiful he was and some long neck geese and chimpanzees were riding on his back....:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #15,432  
Yeah, no doubt you're right.
My plan is to winter-over here since houses just don't sell in the colder months, then head elsewhere. Definitely south, although I must admit, I do love this area.
What I should have done (before moving here) is more research. Areas of Vermont are, for all intents and purposes, suburbs of Boston.
I'm not going into any personal details, but I'll likely do this alone...

I see you're in South West Virginia. I expect you're going to have problems of your own shortly...
already have them problems Roy unemployment rate 11.5 percent the town that i had a business in in the 80's and 90's has lost 10,000 people in 10 years. industries are gone. yes like yourself i am making plans to go west, i have not said anything about here but thats the plan. i am leasing my farm.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,433  
37 F here this morning and going to mid-70s this afternoon. The fireants escaped my wrath yesterday because it was windy and cool all afternoon. I want to have it warm up so the mounds are active before dropping a snack onto their dinner plates.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,434  
Good Morning, 56˚ heading to the 70s. Cool light north wind, mostly sunny skies. Beautiful day.

Today, and the rest of the week is blade play. There is enough moister in the ground and it is cool enough to work the box blade and my straight blade on roads and berms.

I'm through mowing the fields for the year and it only took 40 gallons of diesel. I only mow 1/10 of our place (about 12 acres) to give the wild flower sprouts some sun through the winter. I need to replace my 6' rhino with an 8' one day, these woody flexible weeds (Dove Weed and Dog Fennel) required two passed so I was mowing only 3' at a pass.

Roy both my brothers recently changed employers and upgraded their jobs here in Texas. if you can stand the Summer heat (with AC and pools) for a few months the Spring, Winters, and Falls are wonderful.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,435  
Roy both my brothers recently changed employers and upgraded their jobs here in Texas. if you can stand the Summer heat (with AC and pools) for a few months the Spring, Winters, and Falls are wonderful.

I was in San Antonio for a few weeks in 1997 (contract job and the trips (3 or 4) were part of the job). The company I was working at was looking for a Quality Manager and I wished I had put in for it then. Wifey was vehemently against moving to Texas.
I listen to my wife too much...

/ Good morning!!!! #15,436  
Goats feed, had to go find them in RTV this morning. Coffee, bacon eggs, cold OJ. Watching goats warm up in sun peaking through oak trees.

HS

/ Good morning!!!! #15,437  
Wifey was vehemently against moving to Texas.
I listen to my wife too much...

Is it the few months of heat or something else? Everything is AC except outdoors and the morning temps always start around 70s˚.

/ Good morning!!!! #15,439  
Good Morning!

Cool @ 53* and overcast with rain moving in today.

I picked up a cold bug when I was off the reservation last week. :laughing: I hope last night was the worst of it. Tossed and turned until I took pity on Sharon, and moved to the couch at 2am. Read John Grisham's "A Time To Kill" until 5am, slept til 9am. Grisham's books are a good way to pass the time at least. I need a nap this afternoon. :p

On the bright side of things, Maine home sales were 25% above a year ago, and the median price crept up a bit too. I would imagine most of that occurred in Southern Maine.