Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #1,601  
2012-01-29, 1124

Bit late this morning...

37 degrees with a high of 47 predicted. Breezy and clear.

Yesterday, I wrote I had to go try to clean up the mess the well drillers left in the side yard. That was semi-successful. The yard was not as dry as I thought and I sank the front axle into the ruts. Took a bit of FEL action and differential lock to get out, leaving ruts in the yard perpendicular to the well drilling rig's ruts. I could fill and back fill from the parking area (hard packed gravel) and, as long as I kept the rear tires (with chains) on the gravel, I did OK.
Colder today, so I might try again and see what happens.
I had better success with the driveway itself. That looks really good.

I still have a pile of spoils (stone dust) from the drilling to take care of...but it will be a wasted effort if the ground is still soft.

And, as I'd written, the old well producing water like a champ!!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #1,602  
2012-01-29, 1124

Bit late this morning...

37 degrres with a high of 47 predicted. Breezy and clear.

Yesterday, I wrote I had to go try to clean up the mess the well drillers left in the side yard. That was semi-successful. The yard was not as dry as I thought and I sank the front axle into the ruts. Took a bit of FEL action and differential lock to get out, leaving ruts in the yard perpendicular to the well drilling rig's ruts. I could fill and back fill from the parking area (hard packed gravel) and, as long as I kept the rear tires (with chains) on the gravel, I did OK.

I still have a pile of spoils (stone dust) from the drilling to take care of...but it will be a wasted effort if the ground is still soft.

Sincerely hope that everything works out for you today.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,603  
Sincerely hope that everything works out for you today.

So do I, but with all the rain we've had and that minor snow...dunno. It's been breezy which dried off the top layers. I'll know how dry it is when I drive the tractor over it. If I start to sink (again), I'll put this off for a bit.
I'd like to get it done before the next rain (Wed, 01 Feb), but I'll be out of town Monday afternoon and Tuesday.
Our yard has grass, but it isn't "Homes and Garden". So, it's a mess, but not a major problem or expense.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,604  
2012-01-29, 1124

Bit late this morning...

37 degrees with a high of 47 predicted. Breezy and clear.

Roy, what you refer to as "spoils" (stone dust) reminds me of the slop the drilling crew left when they did our new well back in 2003...we referred to it as "slurry"...a sticky, ugly grey clay mix that took me forever to clean up as I had no tractor back then. A huge PIB to clean up and get rid off.

/ Good morning!!!!
#1,605  
31 and going to 32 today. No sun in sight. Got a few thing done this am, need to organize stuff for my taxes.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,606  
Roy, what you refer to as "spoils" (stone dust) reminds me of the slop the drilling crew left when they did our new well back in 2003...we referred to it as "slurry"...a sticky, ugly grey clay mix that took me forever to clean up as I had no tractor back then. A huge PIB to clean up and get rid off.

Slurry might be the correct term...I really don't know.
I did some more clean up this morning and into the afternoon. Most of the ruts are filled in, but once through the top layer, it's still mucky. All I have to work with nowadays is the loader bucket. I guess a yard roller or drag would be best to use, once it's dry.
Of course, if we have rain like we did in 2011, it'll never be dry!

As far as the slurry (or spoils), it's piled on the other side of the ruts. I got one load, but rutted the (previously) undisturbed yard with the weight of the tractor. I guess that's going to have to wait.

You guys know I have turfs. Good thing I have my chains on. I'd probably be stuck in the mud with out those chains.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,607  
Good morning. 25F here and snow falling, just started at 4. Supposed to get 2-4" today. Morning commute will be interesting.

Third quarter starts today, and we have a group of students from China (4 in the middle school, others in high school) beginning today. I've been asked participate in an official welcoming ceremony this morning. Still have to do my report cards....:ashamed:

/ Good morning!!!! #1,608  
12 degrees here, got 5-6 inches of new powder snow yesterday, am too tired to go out and clear the stuff away except for the deck and sidewalk. Back to the hospital today for another round of testing and hopefully something will stand out. Weather forecast says it will begin warming again in a few days.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,609  
Coffee us made. 57 degrees this morning. Heading to 75 with a chance of rain. Have a couple of RV park meetings to attend today.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #1,610  
Good morning coffee done, dogs fed an getting ready to get ready, lol. Had a combined foot of snow there about up at the property over the last three or four days, got to use the tractor several times ;) back in the City now.

Have a good one all.

Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries early this morning. Snow beginning late this afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h this morning. High minus 1. Warmer through the week with rain.