Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,391  
That Dreamlifter taking off is going to be a serious YouTube event.
I bet there are a hundred video cameras trained on that plane.
I think I can, I think I can...
And how would you like to live at the end of the runway?
Dinner guests tonight?:D

/ Good morning!!!! #16,392  

CNN :
A mammoth cargo plane that landed Wednesday night at the wrong airport in Wichita, Kansas -- one that typically does not accommodate such beasts -- took off without incident Thursday afternoon on a runway half a mile shorter than it usually uses.

The Boeing 747 Dreamlifter's massive engines roared as it lumbered down the pavement, then lifted off and disappeared into the overcast sky.
A few minutes later, it landed without incident at the airport 12 miles across town where it was originally supposed to land -- McConnell Air Force Base.
An investigation has begun into what caused the pilot to land at the wrong airport, said Bonnie Rodney, a spokeswoman for Atlas Air, which operates the Boeing-owned jet.

It was laden with cargo intended for Boeing, she said.
Boeing said the cargo was a B-787 fuselage.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,393  

I just hope everything goes right for that take off...

/ Good morning!!!! #16,395  
I put no fish in it and now the perch are 6" long. "They" say that the big herons (white and blue) bring the fish eggs over on their feet.

Jim, good idea on the rock!

Don, I thought the perch came from duck slobber.;) Turtles dragging shells full of eggs, Raccoons washing after a fish egg snack, and probably many more sources. For whatever reason, those sunfish really reproduce quickly. My brother and I caught 40 in a half-hour one time. They got into a feeding frenzy and would even hit a bare hook dropped in the middle of their school.:)

Don, I have a road around my pond at the bottom of the hill where we had our fishfry. Every year, I have to clean out silt. I need to put rip-rap in the swale and then put it up about 4' on the hillside where I filled with silt from the pond. It seems I just can't get enough vegetation on that hillside because of the annual late summer drought. It has to be done with rock and is on my short list.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,396  

All engines would be screaming, but I'd get it out of there!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,397  
CNN :
A mammoth cargo plane that landed Wednesday night at the wrong airport in Wichita, Kansas -- one that typically does not accommodate such beasts -- took off without incident Thursday afternoon on a runway half a mile shorter than it usually uses.

The Boeing 747 Dreamlifter's massive engines roared as it lumbered down the pavement, then lifted off and disappeared into the overcast sky.
A few minutes later, it landed without incident at the airport 12 miles across town where it was originally supposed to land -- McConnell Air Force Base.
An investigation has begun into what caused the pilot to land at the wrong airport, said Bonnie Rodney, a spokeswoman for Atlas Air, which operates the Boeing-owned jet.

It was laden with cargo intended for Boeing, she said.
Boeing said the cargo was a B-787 fuselage.

The pilot was relying on technology to do his/her job for them. They forgot to be a PILOT!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,398  
The pilot was relying on technology to do his/her job for them. They forgot to be a PILOT!!!!

At tail-end of this video, you can hear the control tower (somewhere) telling the pilot he is at the wrong airport. It sounds like the pilot had no idea he was in the wrong place until told by the tower. Nice shot of the Dreamlifter taking off too.

Aside from navigational confusion, I wonder if the pilot was ex-military and maybe the (wrong) runway length didn't look all that bad to him. :laughing:

Unanswered questions in Dreamlifter landing - CNN.com Video

/ Good morning!!!! #16,399  
And not using it correctly either :eek::thumbdown::shocked:

For everyone else ATC does NOT tell pilot where to go, just how to maintain separation from other aircraft.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,400  
At tail-end of this video, you can hear the control tower (somewhere) telling the pilot he is at the wrong airport. It sounds like the pilot had no idea he was in the wrong place until told by the tower. Nice shot of the Dreamlifter taking off too.

Aside from navigational confusion, I wonder if the pilot was ex-military and maybe the (wrong) runway length didn't look all that bad to him. :laughing:

Unanswered questions in Dreamlifter landing - CNN.com Video

Not to excuse these guys...but if they were flying VFR and not familiar with either of the airports...well, a runway is a runway.