Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,642  
Glad you are back in your home Randy.

What took all the salt out of your body if you don't mind me asking? If you do mind, just tell me to go mind my own business. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #16,643  
TXDon, cover your eyes, doc tells me pour on the salt eat pork and don't drink too much water. Never thought I'd hear that from a doctor. it's amazing all the havoc low sodium can wreak.

Since pork in naturally salty, and you are low, I can see why the dietary recommendation. But where did the pig get the salt from? I'd have to skip the carrier and go right to the source. Did the blood test reveal the cause of the sodium loss? It seems there are a lot of different causes to eliminate. Enjoy your extended Thanksgiving!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,644  
Happy Thanksgiving! Would you share the recipe for both? They sound delish.

M Larro and Sseelhoff -

Recipe for No-Bake Carrot Cake (Note: for icing, soak raw/unsalted cashews overnight)

A. Ingredients for Cake:

2 large carrots - finely grated/shredded
1/2 cut unsweetened coconut - shredded
2 cups walnuts - chopped
1 cup raisins
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Place all of the above in a food processor and process until finely chopped and mixed. Press into a bread pin or pie pan. Let sit for one hour before icing/frosting.

B. Ingredients for Icing:

1 cup raw, unsalted cashews - soaked overnight and drained
1/8 cup maple syrup
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy. Add a splash of water as needed. Spread icing on cake and chill for two or more hours before serving.
-recipie from Naked Food Magazine – The Plant-based nutrition approach to reversing and preventing disease.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cranberry-Apricot Relish

1 can (15.25 oz) apricot halves
1 bag 12 oz. fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar (or less for more tartness)
2 tsp minced or grated fresh ginger

1. Drain apricots reserving syrup. Add water to syrup to make i cup coarsely chop apricots set aside.
2. Place syrup, cranberries, sugar and ginger in medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir in apricots. Cool slightly, then refrigerate, covered.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,645  
To answer you guys, not sure what caused the drop, had a similar but much less severe event around ten years back. That one corrected fairly quickly by just adding a little salt to my diet. I had gotten a little gung ho in trimming the salt. Now I have a feeling there may be something more such as kidney involvement. I'm a twenty year diabetic, controlled well with diet and exercise, but the peripheral problems still happen, took about 6-8 laser treatments over several years to fix a leaky vessel in my right retina. But it successfully took it from 20/100 to 20/35-40, and telephone poles no longer look like crawling snakes and speed limit signs don't look like raisins.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,646  
Thank you TXDon for the recipes. I've already added them to my recipe database on my computer. I've never heard of Cranberry-Apricot Relish but I plan on trying it very soon. Happy Thanksgiving!!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,647  
Enjoyed a great Thanksgiving dinner been watching football and now almost bedtime. Good evening

/ Good morning!!!! #16,648  
Poured first cup of coffee. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 52° with lots of sun. Up early for no reason at all. Thanksgiving dinner was great. Wife is going shopping later this morning. I plan on visiting the NASCAR Hall of Fame today.
Randy, glad you are home.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,649  
14 degrees right now and heading up toward 30 today with lots of sun!
Got the sub-frame onto the tractor yesterday and will get the plow and snowblower
up today and ready. Just know we won't get snow now that I am almost ready for it

/ Good morning!!!! #16,650  
Good morning. 46 degrees and heading for 70 today. Good day to change front wheel bearing on my truck when it warms up a little.