Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #17,831  
No snow for us stars out supposed to get cold but that's not here yet either 34 outside feel for you people up north

/ Good morning!!!! #17,832  
what a sight to behold, a real winter wonderland out there, and thank you, the snow was light and the power is still on.
Looks to be about six inches out there and should stop in a few hours.
The challenge is the wind is supposed to hit 25mph steady with gusts to 35 later today, and this light snow is going to drift like mad.
so I'm sitting here with a nice hot cup of coffee, and not enthused about going out there at all.

I grew up driving on of the world's best snow cars for a little while, and never knew it. This was before 4wd/awd for the people. A 1966 VW Bug with metal
studded snow tires. This became my Dad's favorite car to get to the train station in winter because nothing stopped it. In fact, we used to love the big snows where the farmer's fields would blow onto the roads, particularly the big fields without snow fencing. Seems funny, do folk still put up fences for snow?

We knew where the roads always drifted shut, and out in the VW we would go, driving into the drifts until we got it high centered. Then just get out and two people could pull it out. By doing this silly stuff, we learned how much snow was passable, and when not to fool around. We also learned not to be afraid of the white stuff.
It's fun! But then this was almost fifty years ago and there were hardly any cars on the road around here, so you had the roads literally to yourself in what was then country.

Parts of NJ are supposed to get a foot of snow. Happy New Year.
Larro, can you make it here by 7am? I know you love this stuff and I'm happy to let you help...:D

/ Good morning!!!! #17,833  
1 degree and light snow falling, too dark to really see how much fell last night, but I would guess around 7 inches.
The total amount around here would be about 14 inches, but it is supper light and easy to move around.
This spread out storms are nice to deal with as I was able to clean up around here yesterday so it will be easier this morning.
It never went below zero down this way and they are talking a low again tonight of -11 or so we will just have to wait and see.
Best thing is to just add more wood to the stove and ride this thing out….LOL

/ Good morning!!!! #17,834  
any time I wonder why I have carpal tunnel in my right wrist I think of snowplowing as a kid. It was my job, as youngest of three brothers, to get up and plow the driveway, which was long and had hills, so that my Dad could leave by 5:30am to get the train. So up I would get, under protest, at OH NO dark thirty, and go out and sit on an ice cold metal JD B seat, totally exposed, and then start pumping, and pumping, and pumping. ?? Manual hydraulics...Pump about twenty times to go up, flip the lever to go down. That big lever with the black ball at the end just wore me out.

Never got paid a penny for anything, but...my payback was being allowed to take the tractor up the road to about five neighbors and plow their lanes, and I got to keep the cash/tips. 2 bucks was big money then...LOL. And Dad paid for the gas, and when I broke the plow skid on a big rock, he paid to get that fixed too.

/ Good morning!!!! #17,835  
I have at least 1 inch of thick, wet, heavy snow. It was falling in clumps that looked like torn up paper last night.

I cannot see (because it is dark) but it looks like the grass is not sticking through. 2:30am howling winds woke me up briefly.

Thermostat says it is 20 degrees outside.

Be well all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #17,836  
17 this mornin winds gusting to 35 mph high of about 25 tonight will see about 0 or so kinda chilly. Looks like a mild spell for us after next week cold until Feb. bet my diesel truck will groan this morning, never had to plug her in now has 140000mi on the ticker but does have synthetic oil in her belly so we shall see. People who work outside please be careful

/ Good morning!!!! #17,837  
I have at least 1 inch of thick, wet, heavy snow. It was falling in clumps that looked like torn up paper last night. I cannot see (because it is dark) but it looks like the grass is not sticking through. 2:30am howling winds woke me up briefly. Thermostat says it is 20 degrees outside. Be well all, David

GRASS? You can see grass. We haven't seen that stuff since December 1st! And won't until late April.
Oh and we don't shovel until there is 6 or more iches. Don't believe me ask Thomas!

/ Good morning!!!! #17,838  
Good Morning. It's 21 degrees here, and we got 2 inches,...had the same torn up paper looking snow clumps coming down for about 2 hours. Stars are out now. Wind is howling, but nothing like you guys have it up in New England. Stay warm and safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #17,839  
Coffee is brewing. 39° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 64° with lots of sun all day. Amazing how fast 3.6" of rain will dry up in a couple of days. Not much to do today except to enjoy the sun.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #17,840  
now Ron, do I detect just the slightest little bit of a smirk when you constantly discuss the sun and all that heat? :D
boy have you just converted me into a snowbird with my motorhome.
Maybe the geese were smart all the time...