Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #19,251  
66f, no measurable rain last 24 hours, just some random sprinkles.

Off to dr appointment this morning. No complaints, just periodic checkup, blood tests etc. 1st time since loosing 60 lbs :)

Have a great day.

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

David....I know how you feel ...anticipation for all the hard work losing that much weight....You'll see..it will pay off....I did it 20 yrs. ago and when the Doc's nurse saw me she said....Never gain that weight back...and was real complimentary then the Doc called me skinny...I had lost weight from 210 down to 160 lbs....& I'm 6'1" ...I have kept it off for the most part...I weigh between 162 & 168...varies ...

I'm betting you will get huge compliments and your exam and numbers will be outstanding....:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!!
#19,252  
Busy day today, the insulation crew just finished, then I need to go home and take care of the critters. This cold is hard on everything. Have a good one.

/ Good morning!!!! #19,253  
they did it again...the forecast keeps going up, now 10-14 inches for Northern Phila surburbs, which is where I am.

Accumulations... 6 to 10 inches of snow and sleet with amounts
of 10 to 14 inches possible in the far western and northern
suburbs of Philadelphia.

I'm hoping for six inches and a lot of rain. If it doesn't warm up, and this is all snow, it's going to get pretty challenging.
Winter's last gasp?

/ Good morning!!!! #19,254  
����
they did it again...the forecast keeps going up, now 10-14 inches for Northern Phila surburbs, which is where I am.

Accumulations... 6 to 10 inches of snow and sleet with amounts
of 10 to 14 inches possible in the far western and northern
suburbs of Philadelphia.

I'm hoping for six inches and a lot of rain. If it doesn't warm up, and this is all snow, it's going to get pretty challenging.
Winter's last gasp?

Not yet one more blast end of Feb thru first of march. We are now supposed to get 20 inches��

/ Good morning!!!! #19,255  
This storm is massive in size and growing in strength will not be over here until tomorrow about6:00PM

/ Good morning!!!! #19,256  
snowing already in Richmond and Portsmouth, so I suspect you'll see some white stuff tonight. And then it will just keep coming...

update: boy this is not cheery for not much South of here.

"prolonged and widespread utility interruptions with extensive damage to main distribution feeder lines and some high voltage transmission lines/structures. Outages lasting 5 - 10 days.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #19,257  
Snow just started here, but we are expecting the rain line to overrun us by around midnight, I hope so!

/ Good morning!!!! #19,258  
This afternoon on the Weather Channel they had a live feed from Charlotte NC showing people out of their cars trying to push them on the interstate. I could just envision a huge SUV smashing into them. Atlanta was extra cautious this time, but it looks like Charlotte was hoping it missed them.

Margie and I went out to eat tonight. When I went to bring the car around I saw this huge limb had broken off an old China berry tree. No ice, but I guess the rain did it. There is a deck built around an oak tree out past there, but it didn't fall that far. {thank the Good Lord}

Larro

003.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #19,259  
9in of snow and snowing harder if that's possible, may end up with 20in plus if that's possible⛄❄️

/ Good morning!!!! #19,260  
David....I know how you feel ...anticipation for all the hard work losing that much weight....You'll see..it will pay off....I did it 20 yrs. ago and when the Doc's nurse saw me she said....Never gain that weight back...and was real complimentary then the Doc called me skinny...I had lost weight from 210 down to 160 lbs....& I'm 6'1" ...I have kept it off for the most part...I weigh between 162 & 168...varies ... I'm betting you will get huge compliments and your exam and numbers will be outstanding....:thumbsup:

Yep, sure does sound good and I hear it quite often, even to the point of comments that I'm getting too skinny. With ObamaCare, our PCP got out of medicine and his nurse left the clinic as well, so we were seen by people we never had before. That said, our initial eval numbers were good, our new PCP made it a point of saying what good shape we were in, healthy, not fat. Must have mentioned at least 6 times about our weight loss. She did make it sound like I may not hear about the blood tests until follow up appointment in 2 months. Nor was she upset that I wanted to get the results before going back on Lipitor. I took myself off the generic last year due to leg cramps. I was only on 10mg.

More interesting, having not been to the Dr office since Oct 2012 was the changes. What a shock to see the number of admin types up front/reception. Somehow I don't think the back offices are now empty or storage. Sadly, we know they are still medically understaffed. The first choice offered for our new Primary Care only comes in Thu or Fri and was booked thru March, not good. The one we did choose must be about my age as she talked about her Dad being in Army Air Corp in WWII, so was my Dad.
Now you can't stand anywhere near someone else talking during checkin/ checkout. Even though we have been regulars at this clinic since 2006, we had to be "reinstated". Didn't get the interval, but unless a frequent visitor, were told to get the questions asked again and again as it is required by law. Was told we'd likely not get script renewed without an in person visit, much like not getting the lab results either. Used to be, pharmacy would just call and as long as even thing was OK, labs followup was a simple letter. Everything is now documented. Had to sign acknowledgement that I received the pneumonia shot. Medicare card and Mil ID photocopied twice for me, 3 times for wife (she got an X-ray) even though no insurance changes for either. Somewhat a shame our previous Dr "retired" in his 50's, although we heard rumors he misses the patient aspect and may explore options.

To my thinking, having more providers available would be better medicine than more mandated visits to the ones already overworked. But what would I know...

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet