Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #211  
Actually I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself. My wife and I started working out again (6 month layup because of family issues) and the bench press has kick our A**. Worked out on Monday night and still had a tough time driving home from work last night. Worked out like we were both 20 years old,,,,guess ya know were not. Makes me wonder if the muscles let us do it why are they complaining so much now. We both said during the workout "wow seems like we never stopped".

Working out is a great thing...but it's real easy to over do it when first starting up....esecially if you're an older person.
Just take it easy initially...build up gradually.

/ Good morning!!!! #212  
I was itching to ride to work today - but there is rain coming our way :mad:

Attachments

• DSCN5410.jpg
    DSCN5410.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 107
   / Good morning!!!! #213  
79f , overcast, humid this morning.
if i dont manage to get anything done today, i will try tomorrow.

take care eh.
john

/ Good morning!!!! #214  
Actually I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself. My wife and I started working out again (6 month layup because of family issues) and the bench press has kick our A**. Worked out on Monday night and still had a tough time driving home from work last night. Worked out like we were both 20 years old,,,,guess ya know were not. Makes me wonder if the muscles let us do it why are they complaining so much now. We both said during the workout "wow seems like we never stopped".

Let's show some sympathy and understanding for poor Gizmo2, no doubt he feels like this:

Attachments

• BB pics 042.jpg
    BB pics 042.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 119
   / Good morning!!!! #215  
Well, the weather guessers fibbed again. They said a low of 35 last night and later in the day yesterday changed it to high 20s for the 10 PM News.. Well, it's 28.6 F this morning and a nice solid frost is on the grass and windshields. It's supposed to be sunny and maybe as high as 60 today. If there's no wind, it will be NICE! Fall colors are really pretty as the blackjack oaks turn deep red and the post oaks turn brown while the cottonwoods along creeks are adding yellow highlights.

/ Good morning!!!! #216  
Let's show some sympathy and understanding for poor Gizmo2, no doubt he feels like this:
Yep that's it. It's not like we are new to the workout thing, been doing it for years but of course we are getting older every day......thank God.
The Schnauzers are out of it this morning also.
IMG_0127_1.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #217  
Morning All,

It rained for almost 24 hours, HARD last night too. The driveway seems to have survived, even the parts where he filed my rain ditches.

As for working out. I avoided my sling most of yesterday (I was mostly sitting at a computer working) and this morning I hugged the wife & daughters with BOTH arms, carried a coffee cup in my right hand, AND lifted my right elbow 40 degrees WITHOUT screaming in pain.

NOt bad for 1 week's healing...

Be well,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #218  
Yep that's it. It's not like we are new to the workout thing, been doing it for years but of course we are getting older every day......thank God.
The Schnauzers are out of it this morning also.
View attachment 237949

What do you expect those poor dogs to look like, they stayed up all night long guarding your home so you could enjoy a decent night's rest...

Know what, I have not exercised for at least 40 years, when I was working my job kept me fit because I was so active, but after being retired 9 years, as much as I should exercise, I hate to exercise for the sake of it. So I keep busy, pushing a mower, walking as much as I can, running a tiller for hours, moving materials, etc. Sometimes I ***** about the upkeep our place requires but it keeps me pretty active.

/ Good morning!!!! #219  
How the heck did you get a picture of me sun bathing last week!?