Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #24,321  
Buppies, hope you are feeling better this morning.
wish I was...
last day in PA; finish the house this morning with help from friends, then hook up the car to the dolley and off I go to Milton Delaware, about three hours South, to visit close friends on the way home, which breaks up the trip at least a little.

HOA yesterday told me that the vertical boards in one section of my nice Trex deck did not meet spec; too wide...so I will have to spend almost a thousand bucks taking the deck apart and putting smaller uprights in. Really stupid rule; homeowner wants privacy; the HOA doesn't want that apparently; at least it won't hold up settlement. It was the only nick at settlement so I'll just take my lumps and go on.

no more HOA's for me...

let's make it a good day.

HOA's are a pain in the tail to many egos and no common sense. I know you are happy for all of this to almost be over and excited about your new place and all that will be going on there. I'm on second day of this so today and tomorrow should be the worst then will start feeling better. Have to check sugar levels more frequently and try to eat when nothing tastes or sounds good

I have a feeling in your new neck of the woods heavy rain and winds will be the order of the day about the 13th or14th. If the models are correct the MidWest in that time frame will think winter has come. 40s for highs

/ Good morning!!!! #24,322  
Foggy out this AM. Some weather expected to come through to push the warm muggy crap out of here. 75 now, 89 expected high.

Me and the wife lounged all day yesterday while I explained contracting to the government as a small company yesterday. I know my neighbor got his company waxed when a bigger player took over his niche market, seems I might repeat that pattern.

Extended feelers out there already.

David, just keep at the job fair thing.
Drew, looks like you can be relaxing next week. Time for a serious chill session.
buppies, summer is over! Hope the cold goes away, fast!
buckeyefarmer, DO NOT join the crowd. Best of luck to you moving forward.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,323  
56F and upper 80's forecast. Yucky weather for cleaning up the field, such an energy sapper.

Drew that's a pretty restricting HOA by the sounds of it. Never had the experience of an HOA. The condo where Mom lives can be mildly irritating but with a different approach. When some of the original cedar patio fences started to show their age, everyone had to get a new fence. There is only one new fence design and color, all installed by the same outfit. And of course, nothing is allowed on or outside the fence. The visual uniformity and sterility that results has a weird movie set flavor about it. :laughing: Oh well.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,324  
61 degrees now and expect it to hit mid 80's today with lots of sun.
Went to see the doctor yesterday with this rather large soft bump on my left elbow.
Turns out it is Olecranon Bursitis! Never heard of it before. Said it could take up to two months for it to clear up.
Most likely caused by over stressing the elbow joint. Got to love these Golden Years.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,325  
Hi guys, just dropping in to see how you all are doing, seems you're mostly busy! Drew, good luck, wave when you pass through Salisbury, Buppies, saw that cool blast heading south, very early Arctic outbreak, hope it's not a sign for the winter ahead. David, keep up the job hunt, all will be as God planned my friend. The rest of you, I hope life's little pleasures come your way. See you guys next time.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,326  
71 and foggy, heading to 91. Finally got a piece of the storm that moved through yesterday. Funny how a little rain can brighten my spirits this time of year. Now the ground is damp enough to mow, bush hog and till some more.

I hope your spirits are brighter as you make it through your job searches and illnesses.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,327  
David--maybe seem a little more "standoffish". Sometimes a sense of urgency can make someone less desirable for no reason other than that. Just a thought.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,328  
72F and cloudy here @ 07:00 ... with a high of 90 called for later today ...

I almost managed to get the lawn around the house cut yesterday ... will have to finish that, along with getting the entire front mowed (probably another 4 acres)

The Hawthorn trees - which are always are the first - are dropping their leaves and have been for a couple of weeks now. Starting to see some color change on a few maples here and there. And the Dogwoods of course - they turned quite a while ago ... but they hold on to their leaves longer than the Hawthorns do.

Got the carpentry toolbox and and most of the tools that go in it cleaned up yesterday. Found another good project for a cold winter day ... the circular saw has some sort of either bare aluminum or magnesium on it that has oxidized and is starting to look pretty fugly ...

IMG_1489.jpg

Did a quick little test with a wire wheel in a die grinder ... looks like it will work nicely, although I'll probably have to take the saw apart to get all the nooks and crannies:

IMG_1491.jpg

Below are some of Grandpa's old clamps ... the Jorgensen on the left hasn't had anything done to it, the "Unbreakable" one in the middle has been dipped and treated in the phosphoric acid but not cleaned off yet, and the "Unbreakable" one on the right has been dipped/treated, cleaned off, and given a quick go-over on the wire wheel on the bench grinder. It will given a light coat of mineral oil.

IMG_1487.jpg

(I showed the wife the cleaned up/polished "Unbreakable" clamp a few days ago ... and she promptly came unglued ... I was accused of spending all my time for the last month polishing metal ... I suggested she probably ought to head on down to the house and find something useful to do ... like fixing dinner ... lol ...)

Below are some heavily rusted pieces of 1 1/2" x 1/4" wall square tube I cut off the old bed frame for the dump cart I was going to build ... been sitting outside for the last 10 years or so ...

IMG_1486.jpg

Tossed them in the muriatic acid yesterday morning and pulled them out last night, just before it got dark (so no pics) ... but it looked like they were mostly cleaned, down to gray metal.

I'm really liking how this muriatic acid treatment works ... but I really don't much care for how nasty it is ... easy to see how one slip when removing or putting something in the dip tray could have a very bad result. I'm doing this outside and wearing rubber gloves and full face shield ... but still ...

/ Good morning!!!! #24,329  
Bup,

Hope you are feeling better soon ... a cold at any time is no fun, but them summer ones can be a real drag.

Take care.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,330  
I'm really liking how this muriatic acid treatment works ... but I really don't much care for how nasty it is ... easy to see how one slip when removing or putting something in the dip tray could have a very bad result. I'm doing this outside and wearing rubber gloves and full face shield ... but still ...

Careful. I am thinking you should come down to VA. I could really use your detail work on my barns and outbuildings. :)