Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #24,811  
67F and mostly sunny @ 13:30 ...

Just woke up and got the first cup brewed.

Got a lot done yesterday ... lots of metal prep outside, done on the pallets forks with the loader raised about 4' ... makes a great little work bench ... and keeps the rust and grinding dust out of the shop. Had a good bit of clouds and some breeze so the heat wasn't bad ... although I did break a sweat a couple of times.

Starting to get a bit of sun tan (burn ?) on my arms from welding ... probably going to have to sacrifice another long-sleeve shirt for protection from the UV radiation ...

Was supposed to go to the recycle center last night to get rid of the burned out florescent bulbs and old batteries ... wife got home from work fairly early and I was deep into it, so she offered to go instead ... surely a perilous offer for me to accept, after I had committed to go previously.

After some back and forth she finally says "No, I'll go ... you're busy working and doing something productive with your time ... and if I stay here I'll just sit on the couch and watch tv."

Real hard to argue with that sort of logic ... especially when it is presented so convincingly ... so against my better judgement I relented.

She takes off in my van, loaded with the goods. About an hour or so later here she comes back down the driveway.

Recycle center was closed do to a water main break or something ... and she is in an absolute snit and fit to be tied ...

Our resident "automotive expert" then announces that there is all sorts of "things" wrong with the van and "You're not going back out on the road until this is handled ... in fact, you shouldn't go back out on the road at all ..."

(It does need the new front tires - which I have - put on)

Tonight I'll probably get to hear how I need to quit fooling around with this welding crap and get back to work ... :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #24,812  
Good Afternoon. 1600, partly cloudy, 85F {94F heat index} with 73% humidity. Forecast high of 85F with 20% chance of rain this afternoon, and a low of 67F tonight.

I've been waiting all day for the repair man to bring my modem and to get the phone going again. He just left a few minutes ago. The lightning got lots of folks, and the fellow still had a few stops to make for the day. But I'm back online now. As much as I love not having a cell phone, at times like today it does have it's attractions. But then when I think about people being able to call me where ever I'm at, I don't mind a little forced off-line time that bad.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #24,813  
Larro we got rid of our land line about 4 years ago and dont miss it a bit.If someone calls that I dont know which is not often,i don't answer it.
Good Afternoon. 1600, partly cloudy, 85F {94F heat index} with 73% humidity. Forecast high of 85F with 20% chance of rain this afternoon, and a low of 67F tonight.

I've been waiting all day for the repair man to bring my modem and to get the phone going again. He just left a few minutes ago. The lightning got lots of folks, and the fellow still had a few stops to make for the day. But I'm back online now. As much as I love not having a cell phone, at times like today it does have it's attractions. But then when I think about people being able to call me where ever I'm at, I don't mind a little forced off-line time that bad.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #24,814  
Bring totally off grid, we've been cell only since 2005. Don't miss the land line at all. Seems like real phone calls are getting fewer and fewer. We also only answer when we want, but also miss if away from the phone but figure if important they will leave a message and I will respond.

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #24,815  
Good evening all. 56F this morning, got to 78F sunny and 15-20 mph breeze. Cleaning the house today for Sunday open house, cleaning a truck we are selling to settle a debt, and sneaked a ride in. BIL/SIL in town and they will help with the prep for a 1/2 day tomorrow :)

/ Good morning!!!! #24,817  
Another chilly night, 35F currently. Today was a classic New England fall day, high of 58F, sunny and low humidity.

The fair was okay, the usual stuff. I watched some beef cattle judging. The judge was explicit about the qualities in the winners, so I learned something. The Deere dealer had 8-9 tractors there from a 1025 up plus some 3pt implements. Three New Hollands, two boomers and T series. No Kubota tractors on display, just a zero turn mower and an RTV. The Kubota dealer did supply an L5240 for use in the pulling ring.

Back to the rock pile tomorrow but the joints enjoyed a day of rest today.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,818  
Drew, good news on the on the health front, sounds like you are settling your new area just fine.

TxDon, neat piece of carving/ artwork.

Gary, good to hear you are done at the old house. We have 29 years here plus we built it. I think I will have an idea of how you felt finishing up at the old house.

Deerseeker, Thanks

/ Good morning!!!! #24,819  
got up way too early since I went to bed too early; neck was really hurting me, thankfully the soft collar helps.
But just wanted to say good morning to Roy, who hopefully will be sleeping in on a Saturday.

61 degrees going up to 81 again, but looks like rain is headed in for the weekend on and off. Fine with me; got all the mowing done and this weekend is my clean up the house day. Well, clean up is sure relative here. But the housecleaners are coming Monday to clean bathrooms and whatever they can get to amidst the boxes. They said they would also put shelf paper down for me after cleaning the cabinets; that will help since I am not replacing the kitchen cabinets, and they could sure use some cleaning.

Mostlygas,thanks, and good luck to several of you who are going through what I just went through with the move. Lot of work, lot of details, lot of fixing up things that got put off. And a huge relief when it is done. My home in PA went to settlement yesterday without a hitch, thankfully. So I guess I'm stuck in NC...;) :dance1:

took a pill for my neck and headed back to sleep. Maybe I'll wake up in Larro's Fountain of Youth resort, nestled in a special Ponce De Leon recliner swathed in Corinthian leather...hey, this is my dream, but I do see a couple more recliners here...

hope you all have a good weekend and get some seat time.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,820  
35 degrees and will hit mid 60's today.
Started a fire in the wood stove, just hate thinking this will be running 24/7 pretty soon.