Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #25,331  
31 this Morning with plenty of sun with a high of 49.We will have to wait and see whats going on Today.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,332  
59 right now and headed to 70 today. Rained most of the night nothing heavy just enough to stop progress. Rain showers off and on all day today and tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,333  
Good Morning. 0940, sunny, 64F with 73% humidity. Forecast high of 81 this afternoon, and a low of 58F tonight. Our low this morning was 46F, just about daylight.

I got an earlier start on my lifting this morning. I'm through with it and my cardio, and am eating breakfast right now. I didn't get around to planting the ryegrass in my food plots, so I'm doing that first thing this morning. Sister and BIL butchered one of their pigs on Saturday and made whole hog sausage yesterday. I have a package of fresh sausage waiting for me in their fridge. I thought about having it for breakfast, but I figured I would overeat and it would slow me down. I'm plenty slow without any help from extra pork:D

Hope everyone has a good day.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #25,334  
Good morning all. Been cold here (low 37F Sat. morning), but is on a warming trend. 53F this morning going to 70F and variable cloudiness today. Wind is calming down, gusts had been topping 30 most of the weekend. Had two birthday parties and a family do this weekend as well as working on grout. Did not get Friday's ride in due to weather and house showings. The short list is grout, mowing and ride.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,335  
69F and .07 inches rain last 24 hours.

Great, relaxing day yesterday and the Patriots triumphed :)

Be safe
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #25,336  
59F and drizzling @ 15:00 ... supposed to be rainy today and tomorrow.

Having first cup of coffee and trying to wake up ...

Got the stitch welding on the underside of the cylinder guards on the upper grapple jaw done last night. Also got a 1" section of weld where I forgot to turn on the shielding gas ground out and re-welded on the lower rake.

Did some cleaning in the shop and also cleaned the filter on the Shop Vac ... patched about 6' of crack in the floor.

Didn't get around to painting the diverter valve or front aux QC brackets ... need to run out today and get some longer bolts for those and lynch pin clips for securing the hinge/pivot pins.

Have about three chains around the place that I use with the tractor. They're 3/8" and 15' (1) and 20' (2) long ... and a pain to handle. Found the two 20' ones and brought them up to the shop a few days ago. I cut one of them in half, and the other one into three pieces ... put slip hooks on two of the short ones and 5/16" grab hooks on the other short one. And then put a 5/16" grab hook on one of the 10' sections ... but was short a 5/16" grab hook to do the other ... so I'll need to grab another one of those.

Need to drill and tap the two pin mounts for the upper jaw for grease fittings ... but other than that, I'm mostly out of stuff to do on the grapple until I get the plasma cutter fixed ... so it looks like I'm going to be forced to confront doing that.

Also need to pull the stove pipe here at the house and clean it and the chimney when we get a warm day ... can feel the creosote build up in the stove pipe when you turn the damper.

Hope everyone has a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,337  
busy day here, though quiet compared to RS's building the Eiffel Tower...:D
take a break and clean out that creosote, said the old fireman...or it will surely clean itself out.

landscapers showed up at 7am and started on all the flower beds, ripping out the timbers, stripping the beds all around the house clean, new cloth down, giving them a week to dry out first, part of the problem with the moisture in the house; the beds were full of soaking wet pine straw. Going with natural edges, after an edging machine makes the line. And they were hitting fire ants out in the yard despite my best efforts. Crew of three plus the boss. One black. One hispanic. One white.
All been with him over ten years. Nice bunch of guys. Steady workers,not in much of a rush, just getting the job done so they finish by the end of the day... Their boss is one of the first people I met at the local cafe, and when he heard I had a broken pipe the first time, he took it on himself to come fix it, for the new guy. Never did get a bill for it. And he was such a genuinely nice guy, and yes a Woolard, one of the local families, that he sure got the call when I needed more work done.
And he's told me who to stay away from in that little cafe too...invaluable info.

had to go under my little wood bridge going to the back woods to get some pics of rotted wood under there, and it was a little unnerving down in that ditch, even if it was perfectly dry. Last weekend one of my fireman helpers killed a baby copperhead lounging in the firepit blocks he was building. Copperheads are nothing to fool with for sure. So I looked around carefully. Clean dirt, not rock, so I figured I was ok. I had a vision of one of them up underneath that bridge dropping down on me. Lovely thought huh?

Attachments

• DSCN0371.JPG
    DSCN0371.JPG
    922.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0374.JPG
    DSCN0374.JPG
    906 KB · Views: 87
   / Good morning!!!! #25,338  
busy day here, though quiet compared to RS's building the Eiffel Tower...:D
Drew,

The mass mayhem you've orchestrated and got going on there makes what little bit I have going on here look like ... the midnight shift at a funeral parlor ... in a rural town ... like say, Roundup, Montana ... :laughing:

take a break and clean out that creosote, said the old fireman...or it will surely clean itself out.
Oh yeah ... you haven't truly experienced real excitement until you've experienced a chimney fire ... think Roman candle a foot in diameter and about 25' tall ... very impressive ... :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #25,339  
2014-10-07, 0338

51 right now...quite a bit warmer then yesterday morning's 33! High today is to be 68 and a high probability of rain.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,340  
59 going to 79, maybe some light rain this evening.

I was down in southeast Virginia near the North Carolina line yesterday and saw that the peanut fields have been turned. The cotton is white and being harvested in some fields, and still blooming in others. Unfortunately, I also saw fire ants, so they have moved into Virginia. Drew, let me know if your eradication remedy is successful.